Chapter 5- What is the Prince Doing Out Here?

Tommy POV

Those few days had turned into almost a week. Tommy roamed around, hoping for something that could offer safety. The nights were cold and scary to say the least. Monsters lingered around, always hungry for a meal. Tommy could only hope that it wouldn't be him.

Once night fell he would climb up a tree and wait out the night. The problem was that the nights were getting colder and he was finding it harder to ignore his starving stomach. He knew he needed food.

His energy drained and one night he found it impossible to climb a tree. He was just so hungry and cold. All he really wanted to do was sleep. He stumbled around, finally collapsing on the ground. 

He just needed to sleep for a few minutes that's all.

Or that was the plan at least.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Techno POV

Techno rolled his eyes, hearing yet another groan from behind him.

"Would you just shut up?" he muttered, trying to keep his father from hearing at the risk of being scowled at.

His brother cursed, muttering something under his breath. He was always one to complain about everything. Being too cold, being too hot, being quote on quote overworked. It annoyed Techno to bits.

Their father lead them through the darkened forest, somehow always knowing where they were going. He held a torch in his hand, illuminating the path ahead and keeping the monsters at bay. Eyes were everywhere, watching their every move. It was unsettling to say the least.

"Keep up boys!" Phil called, glancing behind him to make sure they were still there.

"Did we really need more?" Wilbur grumbled, picking up his pace a little.

"Yes, Wil. It's important to always be stocked and ready for everything." the man reminded him, continuing forwards.

"Even if it means risking our lives in the middle of the night?" Wil muttered, making Techno roll his eyes even more. Wilbur always hated waking up early or really anything that disturbed his sleep. Techno on the other hand much enjoyed the excitement, he loved adventures.

"Suck it up nerd. You make it sound like we do this every night!" Techno snickered.

"We do!"

"We do it every full moon, which means you have plenty of nights to sleep." 

"Whatever." Wilbur glared, hating when Techno was right.

Suddenly their father came to an abrupt stop, looking around and listening for something. Immediately Techno became alert, doing the same.

"What is it Dad?" Wilbur yawned, paying no attention to what the other two were doing.

"Shhhhh!" Techno hissed, making Wilbur silent.

Something wasn't right and Phil knew it. He turned to his sons, "Stay here and be ready." He nodded to their swords, indicating that they might have use of them in this situation.

The two nodded, knowing that their safety was at risk. Phil stepped away, walking out of sight.

"What do you think he's doing?" Wilbur whispered, his voice shaking a little.

"I don't know." Techno admitted, deciding against teasing his younger brother. He didn't want to scare him more. "I'm sure he'll be right back."

Wilbur nodded, but Techno could tell that he didn't believe him. A twig snapped, causing Wilbur to grab Techno's arm. "What if he doesn't?"

Techno looked down at him, offering him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, he will." 

They stood there for a moments, studying the surrounding area. Footsteps came behind them and Techno was quick to shove Wilbur behind him. He relaxed when he realized it was just Phil. But he was carrying something or someone.

Wilbur pushed past Techno, trying to see what it was.

He gasped, "What's the prince doing out here?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it!

Thank you so much for the 400 reads!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy