Chapter 2- Downhill Too Quickly

Tommy POV

What should have saved the kingdom actually seemed to doom it. Ivory was as horrible as Tommy remembered. She was adamant on wearing the best riches in the kingdom. Things Tommy had never even heard of before. Jewelry covered her from head to toe along with makeup. It was a wonder if she was even human when she looked so fake.

Another thing that struck Tommy as odd was her obssession with mirrors. She always seemed to have one with her, or was always nearby to one. 

Despite his natural dislike towards her, he kept his promise to his father. Every time he went in the gardens, which was nearly every day, he would pick flowers for her. She would always take them, a scold on her face and pluck the petals off one by one. Tommy never really minded, since all he wanted to do was keep his father happy.

He always greeted her with a bright smile and decided to never play pranks on her, saving those for other people. In the back of his mind there was a hope. Hope that she may not be as terrible as she seems, that maybe she was just warming up to them. 

It had been nearly a whole year and she still had yet to change, but that hope continued to grow as each day passed.

Sadly as the next year began, things began to run downhill quickly... almost too quickly.

One night King Ryder grew very sick. At what was thought to be just the flu became something far more deadly. The healer tried everything they could think of, coming up with no solutions. 

Somehow Tommy knew before they even told him, that his father was dying. He curled up beside him, taking his much larger hand in his own. He played with his fingers, feeling the rough skin. His father had seen some many battles, and yet he would never see Tommy in his first. 

"Tommy?" his father croaked, weakly lifting his head to see him.

"I'm here Father." Tommy responded, looking into his blue eyes. The eyes that he, himself, had been gifted with.

"Will you do one thing for me?" he asked, gently smiling at him. He knew he didn't have much time left. Tommy nodded slowly, feeling the tears begin to drip down his face. "Will you keep your promise, for me?"

Without a moment's hesitation the blonde nodded eagerly, "I will until the day I die." 

King Ryder gently stroked his cheek, "I love you with all my heart Spark. Don't ever forget that."

"I-I love you too." Sobs escaped his lips as he came to realization that he would never hear his father's voice again after this. He would never see his smile, never hear his contagious laughter. His father was dying, he would be gone.

The king began to wheeze, coughing as he struggled to breathe. Tommy curled into him more, just wanting to be there. His breaths began to slow until he took his final breath. His body grew limp as it peacefully turned cold.

Tommy cried, praying for his father to come back. For his father not to leave him. But he knew that there was nothing anyone could do.

No one dared to move the boy, allowing him to mourn his dead father. The sympathy they felt for him was immeasurable. Would he ever be the same again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SBI will be coming soon into the story, I promise ^_^

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have an amazing day!

Thank you for 64 reads!!

-Snowy