Chapter 1 - He Said It's Over

"Dude, where's Mia?" Oliver calls, honking his car at me.

Five missed phone calls is boarder line stalker and I didn't want her to get angry with me. She would always string me along but it was never like this when we first started seeing each other. We were always receptive to one another but now its different.

"I don't know." I mumble, opening the door Oliver's car.

Oliver suggests, implying that he was growing tired. "Do you just want to go and meet her there?"

I must've said something to piss her off.

"Spencer, hello?" Oliver tries to get my attention.

And at that moment, my phone rang and my girlfriends beautiful face appeared on my screen. Smiling to myself I turn to Oliver, "I'll meet you there. Make sure the bouncer is doing his job."

Walking away from his car, I walk back into my house and answer her phone call. "Hey, babe."

"Stop it, that tickles." She giggles.

"Mia?"

"Just breakup with him, Mia." I hear a deep voice coos on the other end.

I clench my fist, "Are you kidding me?"

"Shut up and kiss me." I hear her voice tell him.

I was butt dialled. Ending the call, I immediately scream at the top of my lungs. My therapist insisted that I scream every time I was angry. So instead of damaging something or punching the hell out of someone, I needed to 'voice' my feelings. That is hard to do; two hundred dollars an hour and Dr Jackson didn't do shit.

Two years of dating Mia, and she cheats on me? It was clear as day that she was. My mind raced with endless questions. Why? What did I do wrong? Who is he? This isn't my fault, no. This was my opening night for my club. Dad finally trusts me enough to run my first club so this needs to go off without a hitch. I'm not going to let Mia's infidelity ruin this.

"Helen! Can you fetch me my car keys please?"

"Yes, sir." She calls back.

~xxXxx~

The bouncer greeted me with a light nod and opens the doors for me. From a distance I look to the line and watch, as these people increasing grow impatient to get into my club. This is great.

"How's it going, Kevin?" I whisper.

"You've already got a full house, boss."

"Really?" I laugh in doubt.

I check my watch to see the time. Eight o'clock. The night is just getting started. And I hope that as a host, I can satisfy everyone's needs. This has to go well, I need this.

Kevin confirms with another bob of his head motioning me to entre my threshold, "Yeah. Have a good night."

It was livid; fluoro lights were cutting in and out while the DJ was playing his mixes for the people. Bodies were grinding against another while my Go-go dancers were flaunting the reasons why I had hired them. The second floor was reserved for the paying customers. Noted that downstairs, people were paying for their drinks and tipping my staff for their services but upstairs was for an endless supply of our bottle service.

It was the right amount of pandemonium and superiority because in theory my plan was to divide my regulars to the oncers. And it was perfect and it was all mine.

Stick thin arm wraps around my waist, "Hey, babe!"

Preparing for my game face, I turn to Mia and see only the eyes. Her scheming eyes of deception, "Hey, Mia!"