"The breeze is nice, we don't really get that back home" I airily comment, turning to Cho-Cho curiously as Kagura speaks to Shino-sensei and my brother.

The fact that Masahiko left my side to talk to Kagura a few minutes ago took me by surprise, and also probably induced my lack of attention for whatever was being said previously.

The two looked rather friendly, with Kagura lending Hiko an enthusiastic smile, and Hiko looking a little less tense than usual.

It's comical really, surely Masahiko still looks ready to kill, but when his shoulders ease up, then that's a tell-tale sign that he's comfortable!

I notice that Masahiko is very much aware of the hawk by the way his eyes curtly squint up at the sky, and I shouldn't have expected anything less.

For someone who's hyper-aware of his surroundings at all times, it'd be ridiculous if he didn't notice the large bird practically glaring right down at us.

"Huh he's pretty hot, but I wonder what he's like on the inside." Cho-Cho wonders out loud, the tip of her finger tapping on her chin in thought. Her words snap me out of my thoughts and I quickly find myself cocking my head to the side.

Kagura is handsome, in an almost regal sort of way. His posture is perfect, he holds his head high, his eyes are kind. Honestly, he reminds me of Haruki.

He looks like the type of boy Haruki fantasizes about all the time from her fairytale books, the royal prince ready to save the day and look perfect while doing it!

For a moment I allow myself to forget about the petty argument I had with Haruki earlier. Curiously, I lean forward and glance at her; nearly cracking a smile when I notice the way she's looking at him. I knew it!

Interestingly enough, I realize that I'm not the only one who's noticed the way Haruki's looking at Kagura.

Boruto, my blonde haired blue eyed childhood rival and friend, seems to have taken quite an interest in Haruki's behavior. His eyes are trained on her, even as Inojin and Shikadai hold a conversation that involves him, Boruto looks completely enwrapped in a different state of mind.

"Kagura Karatachi is a close aide to the Mizukage. He's not much older than you guys, you know. And he's worked with Masahiko in the past on joint missions" Anko-sensei smiles, her eyes skimming through our class as she speaks.

She seems to glance between Boruto, myself, and Haruki a handful of times in comparison to the rest of the students, and a part of me starts to wonder if her comment was directed at us to cut off the stubborn staring or to add fuel to the fire.

My dark brows raise when Kagura suddenly turns to our class once more, his gaze immediately landing on Haruki. He smiles kindly, and I don't fail to notice how his eyes subtly widen when he fully takes in her appearance.

He does it in a flustered sort of way, it's not a big enough reaction to fully break the regal and professional air surrounding him, but enough to make me and Masahiko share a look.

As a result, all eyes are on Haruki. Where they've always belonged.

I hear murmurs of jealousy from some of my classmates as he approaches her, whispers of

'Ah of course he's gonna go for Haruki-hime!'

or

'Haruki-hime always gets all the guys, doesn't she?'

Haruki-hime always gets the guys, huh?

For some reason Unbeknownst to me, my eyes vacantly drift to Boruto once more. He's watching the interaction between Haruki and Kagura carefully, ocean blue eyes darting between both of them with piqued interest.