Ch. 6 Part 2- Professor Jackson?! cont.

Start from the beginning

"Sit down now!!" Many students lowered their heads and scurried back to their seats like scared dogs, tails tucked under their legs. Many tried to resist my order but grudgingly followed, glaring at me with malice and curiosity. Bring it on Bitches I thought as I narrowed my eyes back at them. 

"You care to finish explaining?" I asked Dumbledore, turning back to face him. I would scoffed and laughed at the expressions on the teachers' faces. Their eyes were bugging out and their mouths hung low. Speechless. They were speechless, totally caught unawares. I smirked as I saw Snape silently snicker and scoff at them. Dumbledore cleared his throat and stepped back towards podium. 

"I know many of you are confused and I can see how you feel betrayed, but everything has a purpose. Professor Jackson," I flinched slightly as he called me Professor. I couldn't hide my involuntary shivers at that word. Shit, I really am a teacher...who would've thought...."has come here at my request for two reasons. He is the son of one of our most powerful graduates and is a member of our wizarding family. We should greet him and respect him as much. The second reason however is a bit more morbid." He paused, letting it sink in and a sombre air descended upon the students. Watch what you say Gandalf or you'll get it.

"Professor Jackson is a warrior, a soldier. He has fought in many battles and has survived them all. I brought him here because he knows better than any other wizard the true challenges we are facing. I brought him here to prepare you. There is more than just Dark Arts that threatens wizard kind. He is here to teach you how to live, how to survive and how to defend yourself. That ties into our other changes in staff. Professor Snape has graciously accepted his new position as our new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor. Taking his place as Potions Master is Horace Slughorn, a graduate and old teacher of this school. Both Professor Jackson and Snape will be working closely together in order to challenge you and prepare you for your futures. Now finished your meals and head to your dormitories." I noticed how the students began to murmur at the mention of Snape's promotion. 

The house leaders or prefects began to round up the students, trying to maintain what little order there was. They began to march out of the dining hall reluctantly, many turning back to stare at me curiously. I clenched my jaw and waited for the doors to close before I relaxed. 

"So how is this going to work? I can't be both a student and a teacher..." I saw the other teachers look at Dumbledore as well, curious for his answer. 

"I am going to have you attending our school as a sixth year student, that way you can keep a closer eye on our more troublesome students. I do not plan on you taking Ancient Runes seeing as how you are well versed in both Ancient Greek and Latin." Many of the Professors raised their eyebrows, impressed. "You will however will be taking Defense Against the Dark Arts and helping Professor Snape. You won't be taking Arithmetics or Herbology either seeing as how you will not be taking any N.E.W.T.S. When you are not in class, you will be teaching or studying. I will give you your schedule tomorrow as well as a tour of the grounds. I would like for you to assist Hagrid with his classes as well. Familiarize yourself with the monsters he is teaching the children about. The more you know about the dangers they face and know, they better you can prepare them. Throughout the year, we will be holding tutoring sessions to catch you up on the curriculum you are missing and to see how your classes and students are behaving." I nodded my head in understanding, my mind spinning with the schedule I would be maintaining. 

"What about my teaching space? I will not be working in a classroom. I would like to use some of the open fields around the school and the Forbidden Forest..."

"The Forbidden Forest?! We tell them with strict clarity to venture there Mr. Jackson, I will not allow you to disrupt the order and balance we have here!"