𝑖𝑥. my best girl

Start from the beginning

Tabitha thought that maybe Luna had moved on from Lila's death pretty quickly, but the truth is she hadn't. She saw Lila, Cindy, and Ziggy die and saw Nick being Ziggy back to life.

She wasn't the type of person to show her emotions in public, but she has been crying herself to sleep every night since July 19th. Luna blamed her sister's death on herself, knowing that if she hadn't been too distracted, she wouldn't have fallen and broken her ankle.

Hours passed as Luna laid in her bed, waiting for a call from Ziggy. As she laid on the white and blue covers of her bed, she waited for the phone to ring.

She thought maybe Ziggy wasn't going, after all, she felt like such an idiot, she even felt like the band posters that were pasted on her wall was laughing at her.

Luna, she just got out of the hospital. She's not going to come to you, thought Luna.

11:27 pm, read the clock.

She started to give up and turned off the lamp that was standing at her night table. "Hey!" she heard a whisper coming from behind her. She turned to see Ziggy standing on the other side of her window.

"Ziggy," Luna said under her breath and opened the window so Ziggy could step in. Thank God she lived in a house with only one floor.

"You came," she hugged the redhead as they both smiled. "Of course I did. Why wouldn't I?" asked Ziggy, sitting on the bed with all the cushions and stuffed animals Luna had. "Well, I don't know," Luna scoffed and smiled down.

"Is your mom home?" Ziggy asked, looking at the door and also admiring all the decorations on Luna's wall.

The hanging fairy lights, band posters, pictures from friends from Shadyside, and the books on the shelves.

"Uh, yes. Probably asleep, but yes," Luna shrugged. "Why?"

Ziggy turned back to her. "So, I can do this?" she grabbed Luna's chin and pulled her into a kiss, which lasted longer than they thought. "Yeah, you can," Luna smirked and kissed her again, feeling a smile form into the kiss, coming from Ziggy's lips.

They both made each other feel like dumb teenage girls, which after all, they were. The butterflies flew in the stomachs as the kiss lasted longer and longer, their mouths moving and their hands caressing each others' hair.

Luna stopped kissing Ziggy when she heard her groan a little in pain, her hand flying to her stomach. "Are you okay?" Luna asked, worried and looking down at her. "Yeah. It's still healing but it hurts a bit," she explained, raising her shirt to show the gauze that covered her entire stomach and her aides

"Sorry," Luna said, now sitting correctly next to Ziggy. "Don't be," Ziggy smiled at her. "Let's just talk and listen to music instead," Luna suggested and Ziggy sighed.

Luna playfully hit her shoulder and laughed. "What? You're too pretty, I can't resist you," Ziggy smiled, making Luna blush.

Ziggy pulled her in for another kiss, but Luna pulled away after three seconds. "Let's talk," she smiled as she reached for her radio, playing Queen. "About what?" Ziggy sighed.
"This," Luna gestured at both of them. "What are we?" she asked.

"This is whatever you want it to be," Ziggy shrugged with a smirk. That wasn't the answer Luna wanted nor expected, because if that were true, they'd be married by now. "You... can be my girlfriend if you want to," Ziggy added quickly to her previous statement.

"That's more like it," Luna chuckled and looked away. "So that's a yes?" Ziggy questioned and Luna nodded quickly. "Of course it's a yes," she smiled, puller her body closer to her and kissing her while the music played in the background.

All Ziggy could think of while they were making out right now was if they should tell anyone that they're dating. "Something's bothering you," Luna stopped and pulled away. "I just don't know if I should tell my mom or something. I mean, she's an alcoholic that just lost her eldest daughter," she explained, and as she gave more detail, she realized the answer to that question was a simple and big no.

"Well, I think I might tell mine just so she doesn't find us kissing one day and all that," Luna explained.

"Isn't she, like, extremely religious?" Ziggy questioned, remembering all the Sundays Luna couldn't hang out with her because she had to go to church. "Yeah, well. She'll have to suck it because I'm not faking anything," Luna scoffed.

A few seconds were silent after the giggles faded. "Lu," Ziggy broke it. "Yes?" she answered, turning her head to her. "You're so pretty," Ziggy smiled, making Luna blush for the hundredth time today.

"You're not so bad yourself," Luna shrugged smiling and Ziggy hit her with her shoulder, laughing. "Oh, yeah?" Ziggy teased and immediately kissed Luna's lips.

They were making out on Luna's bed. It was comfortable and cozy. They felt as if they were never going to be harmed anymore. Neither of them could explain the comfort the two radiated to the other person.

"Luna, can you please turn your mus--" Tabitha opened the door to Luna's room, and Ziggy and her pulled away, cleaning their mouths with the back of their hands. "Mom," Luna stood up from her bed and walked towards her.

"Oh," her mother said under her breath.

"I'm gonna... I'm gonna go," Ziggy stood up, walking towards the door. "I can take you," Tabitha stopped her with a smile.

"It's not necessary Mrs. Donovan, I can take the bus," Ziggy shrugged and thanked her. "This late? Nonsense. I insist!" Tabitha shook her head, even though she was in her pajamas and half asleep.

"Mrs. Donovan, it's fine. I can take the bus. I'll call when I arrive," Ziggy smiled at her and Tabitha accepted.

Ziggy was thankful that Luna's mom was being this nice after she had caught her making out with her daughter, but she wanted to save the uncomfortable 30-minute drive. She left through the door and waved goodbye to Luna from the window.

"I don't want you to explain anything if you don't want to, but you can tell me things, you know that," Tabitha half-smiled at her daughter and walked to her room. "Mom," Luna stopped her.

"I didn't tell you because I thought you'd be all homophobic and shi-- stuff. I mean, you're super religious and all, so I thought..." she explained and Tabitha looked down, wanting to laugh about her daughter almost cursing in front of her and the panic in her eyes.

"Just because I'm religious doesn't mean that I won't support you. You're my daughter, Luna, and I love you so much. I just can't bear with losing you too," Tabitha started to tear up while she explained.

Luna quickly rushed and gave her mother a hug. "I love you too, mom," she smiled into the hug and then let her go.

Luna knew that Lila was an amazing sibling and an incredible daughter. She kept blaming her death on herself but much less than before.

She had never talked about Lila with her mother after she had died, but it turned ut to not be as awkward and sad as she expected it to be. At least Tabitha didn't have a problem with Luna dating Ziggy.

author's note

guys can you picture luna's
mom as Lola Glaudini from
criminal minds if you want to :)

also, sorry that I didn't update
yesterday, so I made this a bit
longer than usual to make it up to you :D

also, sorry that I didn't update yesterday, so I made this a bit longer than usual to make it up to you :D