𝚇𝚇𝚇. 𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊

Start from the beginning

"I will take the mark," said Narcissa suddenly, lifting her head from Lucius' shoulder and turned to face her husband completely.

"Darling...."

Narcissa shook her head to stop him. "The Dark Lord wanted me to take the mark back in the day but I didn't. We chose that since the children were so young and they needed someone in case we got caught. But now, I can take the mark and perhaps the Dark Lord won't need them to..."

"You have made it this far without the mark, and you will continue to live like that," said Lucius and quickly glanced at Narcissa's bare forearm. "Besides, you know that the children won't let you take the mark. They will take it for you without another thought."

"I don't want them to take it," whispered Narcissa, tears threatening to leave her eyes. "They will either get killed in a mission or get killed by the Dark Lord if they fail or something equally awful."

Lucius and Narcissa were blood-purists ― there was no doubt there but beyond that they were parents and knew the threats and dangers of being a Death Eater.

"And what about Violetta? We still don't know what happened to her when Abraxas took her when she was a baby..." said Narcissa, the memory popping back into her mind. "D-do you think the Dark Lord wants something from Lettie, something he might not want from the boys?"

Lucius swallowed, forcing any bad thoughts from his head. "Over my dead body," he said.

"God I hate your father," muttered Narcissa, knowing that Abraxas was the beginning of all bad that has happened to the family.

"Hopefully his cold heart will stop beating soon enough," said Lucius, pressing a kiss on Narcissa's temple.

Narcissa chuckled dryly. "That would be ideal but it still won't change the fact that the twins..."

"I'm sure they only pretended to be interested," interrupted Lucius, hoping that he was right.

Suddenly someone knocked on their door.

Lucius jumped up from the bed and having no idea who it was, he took his wand with himself just in case. Normally he wouldn't do this but ever since the Dark Lord returned, safety wasn't exactly guaranteed to anyone.

Narcissa tightened her robe around herself but when Lucius opened the door and Violetta was standing in the threshold, she loosened her grip around herself and walked over to her daughter.

"Are you all right?" She asked, smoothing Violetta's hair.

"Yeah, I just went to get some water and I heard you," explained Violetta and yawned. "Anyways, I should head to bed. Just wanted to say goodnight."

Lucius smiled softly ― a facial expression anyone outside of his family has never seen ― and pressed a kiss on Violetta's head.

"Goodnight," he said and Violetta grinned tiredly before leaving the room.

Narcissa stared at the empty spot her daughter had left and felt Lucius wrapping his arm around her waist.

"She'll be fine," he whispered to her.

══════ • ❀ • ══════

Diagon Alley was packed with people ― mostly Hogwarts students and their parents and while Violetta and Regulus had already graduated ― Draco was about to enter his fifth year. Violetta could have stayed home but she figured that she would be more bored there than in Diagon Alley.