𝚇𝚇𝚇. 𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊

Start from the beginning

Besides her own personal thoughts, Violetta felt that if she would show more interest towards Death Eaters, then Abraxas might accept her and she could come forward about her relationship with Fleur.

While Violetta was staring at the ceiling and pondering her life, her parents were awake as well.

Narcissa has always known her daughter well. They have always been close and when Violetta was a child, she used to tell her everything. But now it seemed as if Violetta was drifting away, day by day and the meeting she and Regulus had joined some days ago did not do any favours.

"Did you see how carefully Lettie was listening?" Asked Narcissa as she brushed out her hair, losing her curls free.

"And Regulus," she finished quietly, memories of the late Regulus Black flashing across her mind.

Lucius wanted to disagree but he had been very observant during the meeting and noticed how Violetta ― who never manages to just sit and be quiet ― was quieter than she has ever been and was actually paying attention. He had also noticed how Regulus did not make a move during the meeting which only meant that he was also paying close attention to things around him.

"They are teenagers, of course they are interested in things they aren't supposed to," said Lucius, walking towards Narcissa and the vanity she was sitting by.

He stopped just behind her and placed a kiss on top of her head. "They are smart kids, they know what to do and what not to."

"That worries me," sighed Narcissa and looked at her husband's reflection from the mirror. "They know but still they were so invested. And they are stubborn, Lettie the most out of them all."

"We have discussed what would happen if Abraxas forces them to take the mark but we haven't talked about what happens if they want to join. Without anyone forcing them."

Lucius shook his head firmly. "That won't happen."

"We did teach them to believe in blood purity, and from the surface, the Dark Lord's mission is still that," reminded Narcissa and got up from her chair. "And our children aren't exactly muggle-loving people."

She walked to their bed, took her silk robe and put it on. "I like your positivity, love. I really do but I doubt positivity will get us too far," she continued while tightening the sash around her waist.

"Cissa, I know you are frightened and trust me, so am I but the twins won't take the mark. They are too stubborn to listen to what Abraxas says and they are too smart to take it by their own will. They are aware of the dangers."

Narcissa sighed, massaging her temples. "I will lock them into their rooms if that's what it takes."

"Don't get yourself too worked up," said Lucius, sitting next to Narcissa on the bed.

Narcissa placed her head on his shoulder and took his hand.

"I thought it was going to be easier this time, now that the twins aren't toddlers and Draco a baby. Actually, no. I didn't even think there would be this time since I thought the Dark Lord was gone for good."

"I know but now we just need to make the best of this," said Lucius, squishing Narcissa's hand. "We do whatever needs to be done to keep them safe, and if for some reason it means that they have to take the mark....."

Narcissa drew a shaky breath in. "As long as they don't end up like Regulus."

"Yes, so we have to make compromises."

The thought of not being the ones in charge of their children's safety was very taunting since no one truly cared for other people's children. Lucius and Narcissa also knew that since there was more than one Malfoy child, the Dark Lord won't care if one dies since there are others left.