Chapter 5

"I'M sure he was annoyed," Paige smiled quietly to herself, her hand pointing in the direction where Eugine had been standing for some time.

Wala naman talaga sa plano niya 'yon. Ang gusto lang naman niya ay titigan ito ng titigan kanina but her mind quickly came up with that tiny, bright idea after siya nitong talikuran.

If he can annoy or disgrace her, she can do the same thing.

Mas lalong naging malutong ang pagtawa niya ng maalala ang naging reaksyon nito kanina. It satisfy her.

Lumapit siya sa table na nasa paanan niya. Binagsak ang dalawang kamay sa ibabaw nun habang nakatingin sa nakaupo doon.

"Did you see it? I made his face frown like that, and it was so freakin' good that I couldn't stop laughing," aniya habang pinipigilan ang tawang nakatitig sa mukha nito. Tango naman ito ng tango sa kanya habang pillit sinasabayan ang kabaliwan niya.

The woman held her hand hesitantly in front of her. "H-hi, I'm Professor-"

"Anyway!" she exclaims as she rapidly steps away from her and occupies a spot in the middle. "Sino gustong kumain ng pizza?."

Everyone raise their hands in chorus.

"Let's have a pizza party!" she exclaimed gleefully, instantly reawakening and energizing the attitude of everyone in the room, who had remained stunned for some time.

"DID Canopy tell you about Paige's actions?" Tayrah questioned Caroline while she was relaxing in a lounge chair, sipping her island tea.

Caroline drew herself up in her lounge chair and removed her white swim robe before responding. "Yes, and I sorta laughed because she's far better than that," she added as she wet herself in only her two-piece bikini at the water pole. Matapos maisakaso ni Tayrah ang mga papeles sa kanyang bar kanina ay napag-isipan niyang bisitahin ang kaibigan sa exclusive hotel pool nito sa Malate para mapag-usapan ang kabaliwan ni Paige.

"Hindi talaga ako makapaniwala na umurong yong dila niya dahil lang sa isang lalaki," aniya habang iiling-iling. "I even imagined what would happen when she met the guy, but she made me disappointed in myself because I used my brain cells to imagine things that ultimately turned out so opposite."

Bahagya namang natawa si Caroline. Tila nalilibang ito sa kadadaing niya.

She shook her head. "Ano ba merun sa lalaking 'yon that she ended up being a teacher in Hilton? Nababaliw na ba siya?"

"I heard that the guy is hot," bungad ng kakadating lang na si Natasha. Umupo ito sa katabi niyang lounge chair sabay hubad ng sunglasses.

"Hot is not a sufficient reason for her to invite the guy on a date and be turned down; has she forgotten that it was the same guy who dumped her at the police station and brought shame on her? Baka 'di niya alam mukha niya laman ng buong social media dahil sa lalaking 'yon. Ako ang naiinis sa mga naglilipanang bashers niya, e," she murmured as she drank her island tea in one gulp.

"He looks like a prince to me," Caroline sums it up. "And we all know how Paige would get all up if he met one."

She sighs. Kahit napakamaldita ng kaibigan niyang 'yon, hindi niya kayang maatim na naha-hussle ang image nito dahil lang sa isang lalaki.

They all know that, na kahit umaakto ito lagi na tila walang pakialam sa career, Paige still enjoys the industry that she has been honed in since she was a child, but the people who adore and love her are slowly turning against her because of some guy.

"If that's the case, then let's just support her na lang," Natasha as she was lying on the lounge chair in her sundress.

"Support what?" she irritatedly asked.