Chapter 4

NAPABUGA ng hangin si Eugine. Hindi niya akalaing makikita na naman sa umagang 'yon ang babae.

"You're here again," lifeless niyang sabi.

He smelled her costly perfume as Paige took another step forward.

"Well, I just wanted to inform you and everyone else that... " She moved away from him and faced the rest of the students in the hallway. "I'm the new Mathematics instructor here at Hilton University," she firmly informed him at kanya-kanyang bulungan naman ang mga nakarinig dito.

"What? You're a teacher here?" he asked, bewilderment scattered on his face.

She turned around to face him. "Kakasabi ko lang di 'ba? Ang hina mo naman maka-pick up," maarte nitong sabi.

He sighs in disbelief. "If that's the case, then you have my good luck."

When she intentionally strode close to him and their faces were now just a few inches away, a sudden rumble rose in his chest na hindi niya inaasahan na mararamdaman sa mga pontong 'yon.

"No, professor. Good luck sa 'yo," pagkasabi ay kaagad siya nitong nilampasan.

Bahagyang tumaas ang isang kilay niya. Nahiwagaan siya sa huling mga salitang binanggit nito.

SHE inspected every inch of the lecture hall with a serious expression on her face, while the business finance students in front of her were all stunned and puzzled that she was in the room, acting as their new instructor for consumer math.

"I hate this part, but let me tell you that I'm your new consumer math instructor. Any protest? " she asked while her hands were on her hips.

One student raised her hand and it caught here attention.

"Yes?"

"Di 'ba po fashion designer kayo?" hesitant nitong tanong na ikinataas naman ng kilay niya.

"Yes I am. Why?"

"Curious lang po ako. B-bakit po math instructor? Eh, dapat po nasa... " Nabitin sa ere ang kung ano pa man ang sasabihin nito ng binigyan niya ito ng matalim na tingin.

She pulled a few strands of her hair away from her face before shifting her gaze to the student who'd just approached her.

"I want to teach math. I-I love math. May problema ka don?" she said, trying to hide the lack of confidence in that matter.

Mabilis naman itong umiling at dumausdos sa kinauupuan upang magtago sa kanya.

She rolled her eyes.

May point naman talaga ito. However, she needed to be around him at all times para magawa ang plano and because he was a financial and accounting business math professor, she leaped at the chance to be the new instructor of that subject, kahit ayaw man ng mga atay niya, just to be in the same building and department as him.

Binuksan niya ang librong nasa ibabaw ng mesa. Ngali-ngali ay gusto niya itong sunugin ng biglang sumakit ang sentido niya.

Feeling niya bumigat ang kanyang ulo after she turned every single page at a fast pace and saw all those infinite numbers. Para siyang masusuka habang nakikita ang mga nakabalandrang mga numero sa mga paningin niya dahil ang totoo niyan. She definitely hates math. She hates numbers to the core.

Biglang nagulat ang mga estudyante matapos niyang itapon sa semento ang libro dahil sa subrang inis.

She inhaled deeply and ran her fingers through her hair before turning to face her student as if nothing had happened.

"You, honey, the one from the back with the ugly eyeglasses, come down here," aniya sabay turo sa kinaroroonan ng tinutukoy niya.

Dahan-dahan naman itong tumayo habang nakaturo ang daliri sa dibdib. Conformity kung ito nga ba ang tinutukoy niya.