Chapter 2

SHE felt her warm blood from her forehead dripping down on her reddened eyes as she saw their car burning at the edge of the road and her abuelo lying near it, bathing in his own blood, looking at her...running out of breath.

She tore a bucket habang pinipilit niyang gumapang at abutin ang kamay ng abuelo even that her damaged body was in excruciating pain, and just as she was about to grasp his cold hands, someone grabbed her feet and pulled her roughly away from him.

Lolo!!!

Kaagad nagising si Paige matapos mapanaginipan na naman ang trahedyang nangyari labing-limang taon na ang nakakaraan.

She wiped the dry tears from her cheeks and pushed herself up, but she lost her balance, and her body rocked back onto a hard, sturdy single deck, where she slept the entire night.

Nagulumihan ang antok pa niyang diwa habang nakatingin sa maalikabok at lumang ceiling.

Dahan-dahan niyang nilingon ang buong paligid habang nasa ganoon pa ring posisyon. Kinapa niya ang sarili at ng mapag-alamang suot-suot pa rin niya ang kanyang night gown, habang naglalagkit naman ang mukha dahil sa make-up ay kaagad siyang napabangon.

"The fuck?" bulalas niya sabay tapon ng jacket na hawak-hawak.

Nasapo naman ng kamay niya ang biglang nahilong ulo habang ang isang kamay ay nakatukod sa pader.

She twitched her head before her vision roamed to every corner of the room, rendering her body stiff for a few seconds matapos mapag-alaman kung nasaan siya.

Her head was down as the overflowing emotions she was experiencing at the time began to boil inside her. She breathed deeply, clenched her fist, and walked slowly toward the bars, firmly grasping them.

She looked in front of her, galit na galit. "Can someone explain to me WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HERE?!"

Natigil ang komusyon sa pagitan ng mga reporters at mga pulis sa loob at labas ng presinto kung saan man siya naroroon dahil sa malakas niyang sigaw.

"GET ME OUT OF HERE!" The crowd began to panic as she screamed again.

NABIBINGI na siya sa matinis na tawa ni Tayrah at ng iba pa na kasalukuyang nakakalat sa loob ng kanyang opisina.

Ngali-ngali niyang gustong takpan ang magkabilang tenga dahil inis na inis na siya.

They kept mocking her after she had billed out of prison and returned to work.

"Drunk driving and property damage. So you, Paige," pang-aalaska ni Tayrah sa kanya.

"But you, held imprisoned for the whole night, is quite an experience. Napatawa mo kami ng husto, jailed-girl, " Natasha squeaked.

"Tell us, how great it feels that a woman like you was snoozing like a princess in that terrible place? I'm curious, you know," Canopy asked in her sarcastic tone.

"Guys, stop it. Tantanan niyo na si Paige. During this time, dapat kino-comfort na 'tin siya," Dallas scolded them.

Inikot niya ang swivel chair paharap sa mga ito habang isa-isang pinupukulan ng masasamang tingin.

"I don't need any consolation or empathy. Ayos lang ako." She muttered. "Wait, why are you all here?"

Tayrah shrugged her shoulders. "To see if your body parts are still intact."

"Syempre, makiki-tsismis," segunda ni Natasha.

"Just want to know if you're fine mentally," sabad naman ni Canopy.