"And you mam?", she asked.

It's not like anything can go through this small throat of mine, with this mafia sitting beside me. I am glad I took my notepad with me. In case, if he wants to talk to me, I can answer. So that my hand doesn't go inside the hot coffee again.

"Anything would be fine".

I wrote and showed her. Honestly, i was very nervous and scared. I could feel my  legs trembling under the table.

Breakfast was served and it was unexpectedly silent. Him eating his breakfast and me glancing at the food, thinking when this would end.

"Eat", he said in his husky voice.

I started eating. Not wanting him to forcefully feed me or something.

I somehow finished, half of the plate.

"I killed your father", he said with a straight face. I am glad , that he was killed. He deserved it. If he was not my father, I would have killed him myself.

Do I have to reply ? What if I don't ? He would dip my hands in the coffee ? I glanced at the cup of coffee, beside me. It was fuming. I gulped. Should I be honest and show my gratitude to him? No, let it be.  

After breakfast

"Follow me", he said.

This is it Ava. That was the last meal you had. You are going to die now.

I followed him. I was shaking and trembling. He went outside the main gate and led me to the beautiful garden, which I used to see from my room. He stopped walking once we were infront of a beautiful fountain.

"I know what your father did", he said. Does he know everything, like everything? His back was facing me.

"I know how he used to abuse your mom and killed her framing it as suicide.I know he is the reason, of your this condition. He was the one who threatened you to do what you did, with your mother's life and my life.", he said. I didn't know how to react at this.

He turned around. His eyes were glistening. Rage, guilt, sadness,  everything was visible in those beautiful brown orbs.

"But you know what? It doesn't justify the fact the you were the one also involved. You never told me that your father was like that. Or you were going through all these. You lied to me Ava , you always lied to me. You lied to me since the first day , I met you.", he shouted. Tears started falling from my eyes.

"Did our relationship ever meant anything to you? Didn't you trust me?", he asked jerking my shoulder. A tint of sadness in his eyes.

I removed his hand from my shoulder. I don't know where I got the gut to do it. I was not scared at that moment. Because that was the first time I saw life in him. Emotions in that cruel eyes of his.

"What would you have done?"

I wrote and showed him.

"Yeah, right. You also thought of me as someone weak and a nerd, who was not capable of doing anything, right? ", he said with a chuckle.

No, never. He was never weak. Though he was innocent, but never have I thought of him as weak. I didn't want him to have any worries in his life. I never wanted his smile to fade away. I was embarrassed. Embarrassed that I had that kind of family. When every child in the world had a happy family. A family where parents used to love each other. Where every father used to treat his daughter like a princess. I never got that.

"See, now I am not weak. I am a mafia boss. The boss of the most fearful mafia organisation", he said smirking.

I never wanted that. I loved him the way he was. I didn't want him to become cruel and heartless.

"I didn't wanted you like that", I wrote.

"Oh really? Then guess what? I am like this and will always be like this. You are the one who made me like this and you have to bear with it. You cannot do anything about that", he said chuckling.

Tears uncontrollably fell from my eyes.

"I am never gonna forgive you for what you did. You broke me Ava. You broke me that day. You made me heartless. You killed the Aldric, who only knew to love. The one infront of you is AJ, who doesn't have a heart. Who is cruel.", he shouted making me flinch. I could see only rage in his eyes. He is AJ , the one I am scared of. I started trembling.

"You know what, you are not even worthy of my retribution. Because you know, I pity you. I pity you Ava Miller", he said .

He pity me? I looked at him. He was emotionless. His words stabbed my heart. He left from there, leaving me alone.

I fell on my knees and broke down crying uncontrollably.

***