Her Life

"Aww, Gre! This is too cute! What's this for?" Bea asked while holding the letter and card I gave her just now.

I don't know what's gotten into me last night, I just thought of giving them gifts since we have already graduated from Senior High.

I just think that it's... cute.

" Don't read it yet! I don't wanna see you teared up here, that'd be too embarrassing for me." I jokingly said and rolled my eyes at her.

" You wish!" she answered and exited first off the bookstore we're into.

"I mean, you should really cry tho! I worked hard for it last night, I slept at 3 AM for that! And my hands hurt so much because I did those on my own." I said trying to play with her conscience, if she has it.

"Uhuh," she answered while nodding. She grabbed my hand and pulled me, "Stop nagging, let's go see Denise!"

I couldn't do anything anymore, so I just let her drag me so we could go to the other best friend of ours. We rode a jeepney and tricycle to reach their house.

"Go knock Gre!" Bea pushed me towards their gate, and even asked me to knock!

"What? Why does it always have to be me?"

"Just because." Bea answered and pushed me harder.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Knock, knock!" I shouted and knocked, after a minute, Denise's dad came down the stairs and smiled to us.

"Hey guys! You're looking for Denise?" he asked while giving us a warm smile.

"Yes tito! Is she here?" I asked back.

He opened the gate for us and said, "Yes she's in her room. Feel free to visit her"

Bea and I climbed to the stairs, and went inside their house. I kind of have like a little chit-chat with her dad while walking to ease the awkwardness. I mean, he's really kind and very accommodating as well.

We barged into Denise's room and really caught her off guard. She looked so shock upon seeing us from her bunk bed.  Her room's actually pretty cool, its overall has a touch of modernity and calmness combined together.

Below her bunk bed is her dresser and drawers, on the right side of the room was her large bookshelf — where she placed all those book collections of hers. And had a 3-step stairs, which is also functional because she places her art stuffs their on the spaces.

"What the heck! Why are you here?" she asked while covering her bust, bet she didn't wore bra. Caught in 4k!

"Well, paying you a visit maybe?" I said stating the obvious and went out a little bit, to rummage their refrigerator to get some water.

"And if we tell you, then it's not a surprise anymore! Duh, Denise, duh!" Bea cut her off when she's about to say something.

"And I have something to give you. Wait..." i said and search  over my bag.

I took out the two pieces of paper and handed it to her.

"Read it when  you got home later, your know after we pay Reese a visit." I said.

I climb up to her bed and lie down, Denise and Bea is talking about something and I just let myself stare at her white ceiling.

"What about you, Gre? What do you plan to take in college?"  Denise asked.

"It really depends. I have chosen different courses for each universities I have applied for, so... Whatever the result is, which university I would be in, that's what I will be doing" I answered, because that was true.