『𝟐𝟐』𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝟗𝐓𝐇, 𝟖𝟓𝟎 𝐀𝐓 𝟏𝟐:𝟐𝟗

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

  Not much time had passed after everyone had seen that Eren was inside the abnormal, that you had all remembered that -while you all had gas and blades once more- the scene was still unsafe overall. The small group and yourself then attempted to scale Wall Rose and get back to safety, your girlfriend understandably sniffling and carrying her nonbiological brother in her arms with the skill and strength of someone who had ranked the top of your year.

  You were still wary of Eren, seeing you had no clue what the true extent of his newfound power was, but you ultimately decided that -with the talented people surrounding you- you would be able to dispatch him if it came to it, 'Although, I don't know if everyone would be willing to do such a thing to someone they know, it's not like he's a faceless titan; we know him. Mika wouldn't be able to bring herself to do such a thing I don't think, but I don't know about Armin -or even the others, in all honesty. All I know is that, while I think I would have a hard time taking him down since I know him, I do think that I would be able to do so if I had to protect others. That weird strength I had earlier would probably help as well...'

  When the journey up was over and your boots had touched that greyed stone belonging to the middle Wall, more problems had only arisen for you; the seven of you could see a few Garrison soldiers heading your way from a little ways back -their seemingly permanent stare on you all telling you that you weren't allowed to leave just yet, and their unspoken words were only confirmed when other soldiers lined up at your sides and pointed their blades defensively at you. It indirectly translated to the eight of you not being able to join with the congregation of cadets and soldiers inside Wall Rose -that you could see even from fifty metres in the air- meaning that your issues weren't over just yet, and might be only getting worse, 'The Walls, what do they want now? First they force us newly trained cadets out there, then they tell us to come back when most of us had stood no chance and were low on gas with no means of refuel, and now they want something else? Are they going to kill us with their blades or something, or is that a precaution with Eren? They're not gonna force us out again, are they?'

  You felt yourself start to become slightly angered at the situation -instead of being overly concerned at being threatened- but you did your best to let the frustration find its way out of you, understanding that it would most likely do very little to help you, 'There's no point in getting upset with them,' you reminded yourself, 'They're not the ones calling the shots, they're just obeying their own commands.' Onlooking from three or so metres behind, you mentally noted that Mikasa had placed Eren on the ground in such a fashion where he could sit up, the male still unconscious and leaning over as Armin joined at your girlfriend's side and attended to his shared best friend.

  You faintly became aware of those who were around you at your own sides, seeing in your peripherals that Jean was at your askewed left, and Annie was at your right -it wasn't surprising to see that the femme looked mostly unaffected by all that had just transpired, her unindulging hues staring at the incoming group with a slight interest. Strings of a light gold-framed her face in the form of bangs, and from what you could tell, they looked a tad bit more out of place than they normally did -from the recent excessive use of her gear and fighting for her life that she just did, if you had to guess. Her pinkened lips flat-lined as they glistened lightly in the post-morning sun, pursing together as she shifted her weight from her left side to her right; you only realised that you had been staring at the woman when a voice broke out, you feeling yourself to be slightly calmed, more than you would have thought possible given your previous frustrations and the short amount of time that the change had taken place in, 'That's strange... I really shouldn't be looking at her like that, either.'