We continued working, his bunny smile never leaving my thoughts as I continued working on the assignment absent-mindedly until I had break.

I texted Jimin under the desk, asking about his schedule.

TH: heyy
JM: hii- why are u texting, arent u in class?
TH: nvm abt that
TH: whens ur break? mines next period
JM: mines rn, with that popular boy. he was surrounded by a whole bunch of girls-
TH: mhm ik, he came to my classroom and saw me earlier. he waved!
JM: he waved at me too. lol.
TH: ic.. i gtg before i get caught smh
JM: kk, cya at lunch
TH: mhm

I turned off my phone with a smile. Lunch was after break, and we had it with Jungkook .Even though I knew I wouldn't see him, it still excited me. Not gonna lie though, I was a little jealous. I thought I was special when he waved to me and stared at me, but apparently he does that to everyone. I should've known.

I mean, I was still happy of course, at least I had some recognition. But then I realized,  my mood dropping quickly. What if he was waving at someone else, and was there for someone else? I had class with a lot of cute people (because thats just Korea smh -a/n), so it could've been someone else. Then I would've made a fool of myself for believing that he was there for me. He doesn't even know me.

Damn me and my overthinking brain.

–––

Jimin P.O.V.-

It was lunch. Finally. I was sitting with Tae in our usual spot: Behind the school, through the bushes, theres a flower-patch thats almost unseen, a spot where no one else really knew about. It was always isolated, and we always ate lunch there. I was just drawing because I rushed out of the door, forgetting food. I took one of Taehyung's cookies though, he didn't mind.

He was too busy telling me about his new "crush."

"- But seriously! He stared at me and smiled, can you believe that? When he came by earlier today, I feel like he was looking at someone else though. Maybe I just thought he noticed me?" he whined.

I was busy sketching, nodding at nothing while he talked. He was taking another spoon of rice and kimchi, waving his chopsticks in the air as he did, as if to rush it down. Typical weird Taehyung.

"Well, no one really notices us." I said.

I tried pitching into his one-man conversation to make it seem like I was paying attention, now drawing Taehyung while he was eating while I was half-listening.

"Exactly! So either he was looking at someone else, probably behind me, and I made a fool of myself, or he was looking at me and we made eye contact. Twice! I bet I had something in my teeth.."

I laughed a little at his child-like speech, stuck on the nose, since the nose was always hard for me for some bizarre reason, as he was trying to convince himself that the "God" of our school was into him. He was always amusing, even in kindergarten when he ate- or attempted to eat- the sand in the sandbox. It was one of the reasons that I loved him. There was and could never be another Kim Taehyung.

"What? It's a good assumption!" He straightened his back, his mouth half full as he talked. Some fell but I decided not to mention it, since he didn't notice.

"Sure, sure, now eat Tae, I'm trying to draw you eating, not talking."

I smiled as he pouted, taking another bite. I finished my sketch not long after, but we heard something. Taehyung freaked out, scooting behind me subtly.

"What was that?" he asked.

"Probably just someone walking around here, it happens sometimes." I replied with a sigh, trying to focus on savoring my cookie.

He nodded and continued eating until it was done, eating the other 1 out of the 4 cookies his brother packed him, not caring that I ate the majority.

I couldn't help think of something, looking over at Tae, who was now spacing out.

"Oh yeah, where are we going after school? I don't exactly want to go back home," I said, hesitantly.

Taehyung looked over at me and smiled a little.

"We can go to my house, or go to the park, or wherever you want to go. I'm free until-" He checked his phone quickly. "9. Free till 9," he looked back down at his food, cleaning up and putting it back into his bag while letting me think, then looking at me expectantly.

"So?" He edged on.

"I suggest a bowling alley, those are always fun," said a voice from somewhere.

Me and Taehyung both freaked that someone was listening into our conversation and quickly grabbed our bags and stood up.

"Who was that?" I asked, Tae standing next to me while slowly scooting back, and shrugged.

We saw rustling in a bush, then a familiar head popped out.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I just overheard you guys saying you wanted to do something, so I suggested the bowling alley." It was Jungkook, and it was obvious he was ashamed or maybe even... sorry? Yes, he just said it, but I was convinced he was like every other popular guy: a dick.

His cheeks were a little red, there was a couple leaves in his hair, some sort of brown-ish thing on the side of his cheek, and I was guessing it was chocolate or something. Looking down at his feet with one arm holding the other, still smiling. It was kinda cute.

I heard Taehyung quietly giggle, but I was sure that only I heard it, squeezing his arm to make him be quiet.

"O-oh no, its alright. Thanks for the suggestion!" Taehyung said quickly with a smile, moving next to me again.

I rolled my eyes as the cute kid chuckled, bringing me back to reality.

"Why are you here anyway?" I questioned the tall male, my hand resting on my hip as the other swept through my hair. 

Tae and I somewhat opposites. He doesn't care about clothes, just that his face and hair looked good, where  I was the one that cared about fashion, not looks. We were different in a lot of other ways too. Seriously, I know. I made a list in the 3rd grade.

"Well, I had to escape from the- you know what, it's not that important. Can I tag along with you guys to wherever you're going?" He looked tired, and I felt bad for him for a quick second. Then I felt even worse for him when he looked up at us.

" .. Fine, you can come," I said in defeat from Tae's hopeful bouncing and Jungkook's pleading eyes, then he smiled and straightened up, which I couldn't help but smile to myself at.

"Yay!" Taehyung said, hugging me from the side. "Thanks, Jimin-ah."

I just nodded, quickly dropping the smile, and petting his head before turning back to the tall male.

"So, where are we going Jungkook?"

–––

a/n:

im tired.

- me <3