二十九

Ring, Ring

"Hell--"

"Jimin! I need your help!" The desperation in Jungkook's voice startled his only "friend" Jimin, whom he had met when he was too drunk to walk out of a bar. Although he was indifferent with Jimin like with everyone else, they used to meet up for drinks and talk to each other sometimes but it was nothing more than that.

Although Jimin had once confessed about liking Jungkook, he soon got over it after he found Jungkook's personality too "jaded" for him. Now he only holds kinship feelings for him.

"This is the first time you ask me for help. I'd be more than happy to help you" Jimin still spoke with a hint of bewilderment in his voice.

"So what do I have to do?"

__

The nervousness made Jungkook's hands sweaty as he gripped the steering wheel. Rather than the road, his eyes wore more focused on Taehyung. Since they've announced a truce, Jungkook's mind has started accepting the fact that  Taehyung really is very pretty and it was messing with his senses way too much.

He was scared of how well he could notice every single detail about Taehyung. Today he was wearing a white t-shirt with a brown coat over it, and brown pants matching the coat. It could be categorized as an appropriate outfit for a business meeting. Jungkook was mesmerized by the fact that Taehyung could dress so well.

And with that came hitting the wave of self-consciousness as he peeked at his own clothes. Because of the sheer pressure of how to make things go right, Jungkook had forgotten to pay attention to his own clothes, forgetting that he was to attend a "business meeting" he chose to wear simple jeans and a t-shirt, and now that it has dawned upon him, he feels extremely panicky. But this time Taehyung had not commented about his bland choice of clothes when he always does it, which adds to his never-ending list of "I think I fucked up".

But he is still confused about where he went wrong. Was it when he asked Taehyung to go out on a date? Was it when he pinned him down on the bed? Or was it when he held his hand to stop him? 

And as he recalled the memories, he found his answer. Every single thing. Noticing Jungkook's worried face, he felt a little bad for giving him the cold shoulder so he decided to cheer him up a little.

"Are you nervous, Jungkook? Don't worry, everything's gonna be fine and the meeting will go well. And if you're worried about me being there, I can just go walk in a park or something!" Taehyung exclaimed and Jungkook's eyes widened a little as he stared at Taehyung.

Oh man, he was feeling so bad for lying to Taehyung now but what can he do now? There's no backing off now.

Not receiving an answer back from Jungkook made Taehyung frown as he went back to his angry mode. 

 Jungkook took a long regretful sigh as he parked the car in the parking area and senselessly opened the car door for Taehyung, who was a bit touched and surprised by this gesture but still masked his blush with a straight face.

He got out of the car and waited for Jungkook to lock the car and guide him. "So, my client will be coming soon. You can sit inside the cafe with us, but if you feel too uncomfortable there, there's an ice cream just opposite the cafe, you can have the ice cream there. After I'll be done with the meeting, we can go back home" Jungkook said and Taehyung did find it a bit weird that they're gonna have a meeting in a cafe but he wasn't in the mood to ask questions to Jungkook.

To be honest, even he doesn't know why he is so irritated by all this when he should be happy because he'll be able to roam freely without Jungkook being there but that's what was bugging him so much.