sweet life

it had been well over a month after the past day she had spent in the hospital, she, along with haechan, swore to never drink alcohol again, feeling as if she had consumed enough for herself and her next three generations to come.

Chaerin had finally returned to school with people wishing her good things, she sat her SNU entrance exams finally and she could enjoy her summer. her mother had filed a divorce against her father, who was also being sent to jail for the murder of Park Hyesoo, and Choi Leetuk was also imprisoned for occupational negligence and deprived of his medical license.

chaerin had found out from haechan who Hyesoo really was to her, of course at first she found it hard to believe, then weeks and weeks of headaches came along, her memories slowly revealing things she didn't think were true, but they were.

"yah bae hyesoo! my mom packed me some strawberries for lunch today! you wanna share it with me?"

"huh? oh yeah! sure! thank you rinnie" the girl with short hair in the purple and pink butterfly clips said, running with her small legs to the girl sitting on the grass with her lunchbox open on the hot summer's day as they had a picnic in the school yard.

"rin, I found a lady bug in the grass over there!"

"we that's disgusting!"

"what?! it's so pretty...let me show you!"

"ah! no! get that away from me!!!"

"I hope that we can be born as sisters again in our next life" chaerin said as she smiled at the grave, placing the pink and purple butterfly clips she had bought earlier near the headstone.

"I promise, I'll take good care of haechan" she said with a small sigh, standing back up onto her feet and turning around to see haechan standing behind, soft eyes a loving expression on his face.

"I'm really lucky to have you" haechan said, wrapping an arm around her waist as he stared into her eyes deeply

"me too, really fucking Lucky" she replied with a bright smile, bringing her lips upto his and catching him in a loving kiss.

they both walked back to his car, getting into their seats before driving down the familiar roads.

"channie....weren't you meant to take a turn back there?" she asked, confusion taking over her face as she looked towards haechan.

"yeah but....I want to bring you somewhere else tonight" he said, taking her hand in his while another remained on the steering wheel. Chaerin couldn't help but bask in the calmness of the moment itself, his presence, his car steadily moving on the smooth roads, and the warm summer's breeze that was flowing through the open windows, her white shirt being blown to cling onto her body. eventually they had finally reached their destination, a fair.

"don't we have have to be like....seven to go to one of these" she asked with a raised eyebrow, yet she was in no mood to turn down the idea of enjoying the rest of the evening at the summer fair.

"and we are......mentally" haechan stated making her scoff as they both exited the car.

"do we really have to do this?" she whined, walking hand in hand with him in through the gates and greeting the workers there.

"fine we don't have to go on the roller coasters you pussy" haechan said rolling his eyes

"the fuck did you just call me?!" she asked raising a brow making him gulp as he attempted to run away from her making her giggle and chase him.

their hysterical laughter could be heard all through the fair, with kids looking at them like they were freak, older couples looking at them with a sense of pride and the single individuals being jealous of what they had, the playful relationship between them both.

"oh, she's just my sister!" haechan shouted to the older couple who was viewing them with a happy smile. Chaerin's jaw dropped as she saw their smiles fade and their eyes widen, scurrying off to another location to avoid her and haechan.

"what the fuck was that for?!" she hissed as she listened to his loud laughter encase her hearing

"did you see their faces?! they probably thought sweet home alabama" he laughed to himself finding the situation hilarious, him being the immature one out of the both of them

"it's not that funny" she said in a calm tone, taken back by the tears that had welled up in the boy who was still giggling with a red tint on his face.

haechan had finally calmed down and placed his hands over her eyes dragging her to a ferris wheel that she had no idea about. paying with coins instead of the fun fair tokens, he was soon led to one of the 'best seats' on the rollercoaster.

"watch your step" haechan said softly into her ear, guiding her onto their assigned cart, which what she thought was something else.

"and ... open your eyes!" haechan said, a bright smile on his face, matching the one on hers, yet hers was the first to fall once she took in their surrounding. a shriek was heard from her as she quickly stood up and rushed to haechan who was sitting at the opposite end of the small cart, being nervous of the shaking that had occurred after her movements.

"what's wrong? is everything okay?" haechan asked worriedly scanning her face as quick as he could, scooting over so she could sit down on the same seat as him

"you know....I have....a really bad experience with heights...." she said with a shaky breath and haechan widened his eyes in realisation

"shit...chae I'm sorry" he said with guilty eyes as he looked at her once more with concern. a small smile took over her lips as she looked at him worrying about her comfort and she chuckled.

"just hold me" she said, wrapping her arms around his waist and he habitually did the same back.

"I'll keep you safe" he whispered, knowing that he was one to keep his word. for the rest of his life and as long as they both shall live, he was going to keep her safe.

a/n: not me forgetting that these books exist---- super sorry abt the late update!