machiavellian

the sound of the doorbell was the only thing that made Chaerin retract her hand of haechan's thighs. he immediately let out a relieved sigh before piping up, nearly letting his voice crack.

"I'll get it" he said, before pulling out the Tshirt once tucked into his jeans in order to hide the bulging tent in his pants. as he walked away from the table and towards the front door he managed to loosen up his Jeans slightly, making a mental note in his head to make Chaerin regret ever teasing him. He never liked it when girls would take charge, but when Chaerin did it, he became silent and had no other option but to obey her dominance, he had found the perfect match.

opening the door slowly he looked to see Soyeon standing at the front porch, her smile falling immediately as she saw haechan at her best friend's house.

"soyeon? what are you doing here?" Haechan asked, opening the door wider

"more like...what are you doing here? you've been ignoring my texts and calls for the past 2 weeks! is this why? you've been hanging out with Chaerin all this ti-"

"let's do this outside" Haechan said with a sigh and Soyeon rolled her eyes

"Channie who's at the d- oh....Soyeon" Chaerin spoke as she entered the scene. as much as haechan wanted to coo at the new nickname, it simply wasn't the right time and place to do so.

"give us a minute, I'll be right back" Haechan said, giving her a reassuring smile before closing the front door after stepping out onto the porch.

Chaerin sighed and crossed her arms, immediately beginning to feel bad. the fact that haechan and Soyeon had something going on completely slipped her mind, they surely ended it right? she thought. haechan spent nearly every day coming to her and kissing her as if she was the only girl in his world, it wouldn't make sense if they were still together. however she stopped herself from over thinking, she couldn't bear to stress about this even more. picking up the Polaroid camera which was on the shelf, she looked through the gallery to make her mind drift through the happy thoughts that arose in her mind as she replayed the events of their first night at her house. the photographs that screamed blooming romance, 'i love you's and intimacy.

"so you completely forgot about me? is this how you treat your girlfri-"

"woah woah....hold it" Haechan said, crossing his arms over his chest

"I never said you were my girlfriend" he said, narrowing his eyes at her

"we've already went on three dates haechan I....we kissed an-"

"and what? did I ever ask you out? because I don't remember doing that at all. Soyeon...I like Chaerin....and I have for a while now. I thought that you guys were besties like shouldn't you know this? anyway, my point is, I like her and I don't want to lose her, so please just drop this because I really don't see myself with you at all. I'd love to have you around as a frien-"

"fuck that... I didn't think that your standards in women were this low" Soyeon snarled making Haechan roll his eyes at her childish attitude

"actually...they're quite high. so high that someone like you would never reach them, no one can....except Chaerin. so just accept the facts and move on....what did you even come here for anyway?" haechan asked but Soyeon quickly turned around to wake away, quickly crumpling up the paper in her hand but haechan was quick to turn her around and grab the page away from her.

he unravelled in to see a white page with red letters all over it.

if you sit those entrance exams I will make sure your parents find out about your "study sessions" with haechan.

with a scoff, haechan looked up from the page but all he could see was Soyeon on the other side of the road running away from him. everything was making sense now. Soyeon was jealous of Chaerin, most likely because of Haechan's feelings towards her so she did everything she could think of to make him hate her. to make him think that she was telling the whole school about their rendezvous, to think that she was a self centred bully, to think that she was not worth his love.

he couldn't believe it. he couldn't believe that someone who he thought was actually nice would do something like this, something so machiavellian, especially to the most sweetest girl he knew.

"is everything alright?" a voice said, making him look towards Chaerin who had a worried expression on her face.

"uh....yeah just a.... little argument that's all, don't worry about it sweetheart" haechan said, folding the page and placing it into his back pocket before she could see what was written on it

"what's that?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at his movements

"just a.....lost dog poster...can you do me a favour?" he asked with a sigh. he realised that with the SNU entrance exams in a day, she wasn't in the right mindset to hear about her best friend being the one behind her torment.

"yeah sure, what is it?" Chaerin asked, looking up at his with her big eyes and he placed his hands on her waist protectively, guiding her back into the house.

"can you just....stay away for Soyeon tomorrow...please?" haechan asked, biting his bottom lip. he was growing nervous, thinking that she would refuse his request as her eyebrows furrowed and she was quick to sense it. although she wanted to question it, she didn't want to push it further.

"uh...yeah....sure...I can do that" she said, bringing one hand to his shoulder while another cupped one side of his face

"wait for me tomorrow, let's go to the exam hall together as well" he said, as his eyes glanced into her worried ones and she slowly nodded, eyeing the frown that was playing at her lips

"did....something happen?" she asked slowly and haechan sighed

"I just...want to make sure you're safe, that's all....I'm sorry but I don't exactly trust anyone else but me around you right now" he said, kissing the hand that was softly caressing his left cheek and she smiled a small smile

"I understand" she said, reaching onto her toes to kiss him. he deepened it even further, cradling her head in his hands as he passionately kissed back, as if the world was trying to take her away from him. he couldn't lose her, not again.