Chapter Thirteen

Freyja's POV

After stepping through the portal, Loki and I were back at the TVA. We looked around and Loki took this as an opportunity to take his daggers back. He held them in his hands, ready to attack, and we hesitantly walked along the corridor. There were bodies on the floor and they looked to be unconscious.
We heard grunting and what seemed to be a fight, so we went to where the noise was coming from. The Variant had knocked a minuteman to the ground, then noticed us. Loki flipped his daggers, and I conjured up my sword and the Variant did the same. "A few questions." Loki started, as we all held our weapons up defensively. "Have you got nothing else to do?" She questioned. "Rude." I muttered as we all got closer, forming a circle. "Are you sure you're a Loki?" Loki asked. "You're in my way." She said. "You are my way." Loki told her, pointing a dagger at her face. She drew her sword up and they fought for a second, until they had swapped places. "I thought perhaps we could work together." Loki said. She kicked him in the chest. "But now I see you lack vision." He told her, after flipping his hair up dramatically. She turned around and that's when she started fighting me. I locked her arm out. "So, either you'll come willingly." I started, but she got herself out of it. We found again, until I got the upper hand. I pushed her shoulder forward and she grunted. "Or you won't. Either way, that's how we get to the Time-Keepers." I said. She used the wall to run up and over me. "Oh, God. Both of you. Shut up!" She cried in the process. We both landed on the floor, and got up. Loki had his fist pointed at the Variant, and she had her sword pointed at him and I had my sword pointing at the Variant. "Hey!" A voice shouted. Renslayer was at the other end of the corridor, with two minutemen and they all held a prune. The Variant suddenly spun Loki's arm around and pressed her sword against his neck. "Come any closer and I'll kill him." She threatened. "Go for it." I stepped forward, and pressed my blade against the Variant's neck. "Take one step closer and I'll kill her." I told her, and I swear I saw her flinch.
But I didn't see Loki grab the tempad from the Variants coat. Renslayer approached us and swiped just as we fell through a portal.

After a second to recover, we all scrambled towards the tempad. Loki dragged her back by the leg and held her in place. As I went for the tempad. "Get off my leg!" She cried. She kicked him in the chest and flung him into some metal debris. I grabbed the device and set the coordinates somewhere. "Loki, quick!" I called as he ran up to me.
"Goodbye, Variant." I said with a slight snarl. I pressed the button to get the portal, but nothing happened. "You're outta juice." The voice said. "It's not working." I said in a panic. The Variant recovered, and swiped at us, but we teleported to the other side of the room. Loki picked her up and threw her into some metal, just as she had done to him.
"Right." Loki said, taking the tempad off me. "Give It To me. You don't know how to Recharge it." The Variant said. "Of course I do. You're not the only tech savvy Loki." Loki commented. "Don't ever call me that." She snapped. "Tech savvy?" I asked in a teasing tone. "No, a Loki." She spat. Loki made the tempad vanish. "You're just fully a magician then?" The variant said. "Fine. For my next trick, I'll make you disappear." Loki said, as we both drew our weapons. A purple stream of fire came through the roof. "Is that one of your powers?" Loki asked. "Where did you send us?" She snarled.
The three of us stepped outside the shelter and looked around. Chunks of rock was falling from the sky and it had a purple hue to it. "You idiot! This is Lamentis 1." She cried. "I don't know what that means!" Loki cried. Fortunately, I had read about Lamentis 1 in a file. "The moon that planet is about to crash into and destroy. Of all of the apocalypses saved on that TemPad, this is the worst! No one makes it off here!" I explained as we all ran away. "Watch out!" The variant cried, swinging Loki out of the way of the rock. "I'm sorry, madam. Didn't have time to scan the brochure." Loki defended, taking cover next to a large vehicle. "By the way, I thought you wanted me dead." He pointed out. "I don't know where you hid that TemPad, but if you blow up, it blows up, and then I end up blown up." She cried. "There!" I pointed at a tin caravan. "So we're a team now?" Loki asked. "Oh, God, no!" The variant cried as we ran to the shelter. "Get down!" Loki cried. Pushing the Variant down. "Didn't need your help!" She yelled as we continued to run. "You're so weird!" Loki shouted back to her. We managed to get in to the caravan and we got our breath back. Loki leant against a wall and I stood in the middle of the room. The Variant approached Loki slowly and got incredibly close to him. "What are you doing?" I asked. She turned to me. "What are you doing?" She asked back. "Are you trying to enchant me? It won't work." Loki smirked. "Why? Because you're a magician?" She mocked. "No, because my mind is too strong." He exclaimed. "Fine!" She cried and they both drew their weapons. "Look. Are we really about to do this here? Again?" I asked with a sigh. "What do you propose instead?" The variant inquired. "I don't know. A truce?" I suggested. The Variant scoffed. "Listen, none of us are getting off this rock if we can't turn that TemPad on." I explained. She turned to Loki. "Where do you have it hidden?" She interrogated. "In my heart." Loki answered. "Well, then, I'll cut it out." She seethed. "Nice. Very droll. Lovely." Loki muttered. "Okay, yes, I do have the TemPad, but I'm not gonna get very far if you keep trying to kill me every 30 seconds." Loki protested. "You're full of it because you need me to get that recharged. That's the only reason you saved me out there." The variant yelled.
"Maybe. Yeah. I mean, sure. That too.
Or we could slaughter each other here in this abandoned mining shack. What do you say?" Loki offered. "Good for me." She shrugged, and I rolled my eyes. "Are we finished now?" I asked, looking between the two. "The plan you interrupted was years in the making. Years!" The variant said. "Okay, got it." Loki mumbled. "And as soon as I turn that TemPad back on, I'm going straight back to the TVA to finish what I started." She told us. "Good." I said. "I'll kill you then." She finished. "Or we'll kill you." Loki remarked.