"No, that's not possible. I cornered Potter, and he gets scared when I am being serious."

The two of them went on and on, and Hermione didn't understand what it was they were even arguing about. 

She looked at Daphne. "Am I missing something?"

She smiled before standing up and walking to where Pansy and Ginny were searching in Hermione's clothes. She looked at her as she said. "Pansy and Ginny were supposed to force Harry and Ronald to stay out of your guys' business. Guess they both failed." She reached down and got hold of some red fabric. "I really like this color. What do you three think?"

Ginny and Pansy stopped their arguing before looking at what Daphne was holding. Hermione did the same and widened her eyes when they rested on what was in Daphne's hand.

In her hand was a red dress that Hermione never bothered to wear. It was a present from her mother on her birthday during sixth year. Hermione was to wear it to Slughorn's slug club party, but she thought that it was too much and decided on a pastel pink dress instead.

When Hermione tried the dress during sixth year, it reached just above her knees, and it was a bit loose on her. Hermione wondered what it would look like on her now that she has grown a bit taller and put on more weight.

The dress was held up by only two thin straps, and the fabric of it was silk. Hermione didn't know how she felt wearing this in a party full of people. Yes, her insecurity from her earlier school years was gone, but it still made a few unpleasant appearances.

"That's the one!" Ginny exclaimed.

"Fuck, Granger. You are going to look amazing. Draco won't be able to set his eyes away from you. You have to wear this." Pansy said, smirking at the thought of Draco, speechless and slack jawed.

"I am not wearing that. I don't think I—"Hermione began to say, only to get interrupted by Ginny.

"You are wearing this, Hermione. Wear it for yourself. You need to feel powerful and that dress," with her finger pointed at the dress, Ginny continued, "will make you feel invincible."

Hermione swallowed and looked at the faces of the three girls in front of her. They all looked eager and hopeful. They really wanted her to wear the dress. But did she want to wear it?

The answer was easy and simple. Yes. Yes, Hermione wanted to wear the dress. Yes, Hermione wanted to feel powerful and content with her own skin. Yes, Hermione wanted to wear the dress for herself. It was a yes for everything they have said so far.

It was just a matter of saying it rather than thinking it.

"If you don't want t—" Daphne began to say but Hermione interrupted her.

"I'll wear it."

A smile spread across the faces of her friends.

***

With her hair curled perfectly and face painted beautifully, Hermione descended the stairs that led from the dorm rooms to the common room itself. The common room was filled with music and someone has apparently charmed the roof to cast different colored lights everywhere. Drinks were on a table in the corner of the common room, and in the middle was a makeshift dance floor that was occupied by most of the people that were in the common room. Blaise was in the middle of the dance group, dancing and jumping high up and Hermione felt his happiness fill her from the inside out. It was a sight. Blaise Zabini, drunk and possibly high, surrounded by not only Slytherins, but Gryffindors as well. Hermione smiled when his eyes caught hers, and immediately, a smile meant only for her made its way to his face. Hermione didn't realize that the happiness of her Slytherin friends affected her own happiness until now. Seeing Blaise happy was a different kind of contentment. A new sort of feeling that Hermione wanted to feel for the rest of her life.

BoundOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara