She nodded meekly before grabbing her purse and turning away in a hurry.

*

Axel was having lunch when Capri entered, a solemn look on her face that made him feel worse than what he already felt.

He had only added to her pain.

"Hey baby, how's he doing"?

She shook her head as she threw her purse on the couch.

"He didn't want to see me, I'm not surprised though, I told him I loved him and then ignored him for three days, what kind of psycho does that"?

She kept talking as she neared him, taking his spoon from his hand to dig into his food, Axel happily let her.

"So-

"Oh fuck, Sebastian".

Capri slapped her forehead as she scrunched up her face, remembering how she had left him hanging the night before.

"Did he say anything"?

"Uh yea, he asked me where you were and I told him you ran out cause a friend of yours was at the hospital".

She sighed.

"Well that's not a complete lie".

Her hands laid on the counter as her thoughts went back to Mateo, she looked up at Axel who was playing with his food, he was also in thought.

"Are you okay"?

His gaze snapped up, giving her an awkward smile before quickly shaking his head.

"Yea I'm good, just thinking about a girl I saw the other day".

Capri nodded, reaching over to squeeze his shoulder before turning away towards her bedroom.

"I'll call Sebastian now, probably ask him to come over if he's not mad at me"! She yelled through the apartment, slamming her bedroom door shut as she left an anxious Axel all alone.

*

Mateo watched as Dr. Ahmed checked his vitals.

She wore a headscarf even on top of her already big white coat and scrubs, he felt bad for her, she must be scorching in this heat.

"Dr..."

"Ahmed, Dr. Ahmed, just making sure you're doing well, seems as though you'll be able to go home sooner than I thought, you're a strong man Mr. Russo".

He grinned at her last comment, his ego boosting as she pointed out his strength.

"Thank you Dr. Ahmed, I'm not an easy man to take out".

She hummed in response as she placed her stethoscope back around her neck.

"Though you will make it seem as if I am".

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as the next words that came out of his lips almost caused her to giggle at such nonsense. 

"You are to declare me dead".

She couldn't help herself, a small chuckle escaped her lips.

"Is that so"? She asked sarcastically, maybe she should have him evaluated mentally.

"I mean no joke when I speak this serious, you live in Italy but I'm sure you must not know enough if you don't recognize my last name"

She stayed silent as he continued his speech.

"Via Guantai Nuovi 85 in Capo Di Sorrento".

Her eyes widened in fear at his words.

"I know more than just your home address, I know how you eat, sleep, think, shower, you name it. You will do as I say or your father won't be your only parent who suffered death from a wound to their chest".

Dr. Ahmed's face filled with horror as Mateo looked up at her with innocent eyes and a sweet smile, what kind of monster was he?

He didn't want to threaten the doctor and he wouldn't cause any harm to someone who had just saved his life, his harsh words were just part of the protocol so she could listen and do what he asked without a hassle.

"You will do as I say from now on, sí"?

She nodded in fear, for the second time in her life feeling helpless.

The first being her father's death and now, a feeling she worked hard to not repeat.

She unfortunately didn't prepare for a such encounter that had now left her shaken as she stepped out of her patient's room.

Anything to get him out of her hair.