Double Date (Stefanielle)

Stefania Spampinato was looking in the mirror and fixing the chain of her gold necklace, trying to ignore the sudden doubts in her mind about planning this double date with Danielle and her boyfriend. It wasn't necessarily that she didn't want to go anymore, they had planned on going to a bowling alley and then going to a nearby bar, but she also knew that when she and Danielle were together, buried feelings liked to resurface. Whether they were emotional or sexual, sometimes she couldn't decipher it, but feelings of some sort definitely liked to make a reappearance. 

Leco knew that she and Danielle used to hook up. He knew that she was part of her 'experimental phase', but he wasn't aware of the prolonged stares when they would facetime, or the way Stefania would scroll through her Instagram page and fixate on photos for a little longer than 'just a friend' would.

Stefania was pulled out of her thoughts when Leco walked into her bedroom, rolling the sleeves of his blue shirt up to his elbows. He smiled at her but didn't think of even complimenting Stefania on her outfit. She personally thought it was a very pretty dress. That was one thing she had always loved about Danielle, she made her feel so beautiful. Even when she had slept over at her place and woke up with a hangover, hair messy, skin feeling rough, Danielle would still look at her with those dreamy eyes and truly make her believe that she was gorgeous.

Apparently, Leco had become tired of the compliments.

And it wasn't that Stefania wasn't happy with Leco, she just felt happier with Danielle. Whether they were dating or not. But the moment Danielle began to speak about this guy named Zach, Stefania knew she had to begin to move on, even if she didn't want to.

"Ready?" Leco asked, playing with his hair in the mirror. Stefania just nodded and walked out of her room, trying her best to ignore the doubts.

Meanwhile, Danielle was trying to find a way to get Zach to wear something a bit nicer than his usual baseball jersey and grubby cap. His mind just seemed to be stuck on the fact that Danielle's ass looked really good in the jeans she had on.

"What about that pink shirt? The pale one?" Danielle suggested, swatting his hand away with an unimpressed look.

"Naw, this is fine," He shrugged, quickly becoming disinterested and pulling his phone out. "She's the chick you used to sleep with, right?" Danielle nodded, even though Stefania meant so much more to her than just 'the chick she used to sleep with'. "Hot," He commented, nodding with a crooked smile on his face.

Danielle laughed quietly but rolled her eyes as she turned around. She thought Zach was nice to look at, but she sometimes wondered what exactly went on behind those two eyes. Danielle knew this was a double date, but she was also just excited to see Stefania again and have a nice little catch-up. So for now, a double date with their respective boyfriends, though both Stefania and Danielle wished they could leave them at home.

***

Danielle felt oddly nervous as she noticed Stefania drive into the parking lot of the bowling alley, she and Zach stood next to her car as they waited. He had his hand on her waist and she had to keep moving it upwards, not a fan of his wandering hand. She had never met Leco before, heard a lot about him and seen him in the background when her and Stefania had facetimed, but that was it. She now had to consider the fact that he and Zach might not even get along.

Stefania was thinking the same thing as she parked her car, knowing that Zach and Leco were quite different from each other. She knew she had a tendency to be jealous, but Stefania certainly didn't expect the flash of jealousy that rose in her chest when she saw Zach's hand glued to Danielle. Despite her boyfriend sitting right next to her.

Both her and Leco were quiet as they got out of the car, Stefania fixing her dress and then letting out a sigh. She saw Leco's outstretched hand and took hold of it as they walked over to Danielle and Zach. As soon as she and Danielle made eye contact, a large smile grew on both of their faces, and their boyfriend's touch was no longer needed as they greeted each other with the tightest hug.