are you okay?

꧁𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘'𝚜  𝙿𝙾𝚅꧂

It was already past dinner time when I finished all my things. I hadn't heard from Olivia and decided to take a looks round before leaving track. She was no where to be found. I lastly checked her drivers room that looked locked. I opened the door with her spare key and saw her sleeping on her couch. I smiled at the sight of her sleeping in a pair of my sweatpants with a McLaren polo. Her hair was in a braid and she had a few jewelry on. I packed our bags before I picked Olivia up making sure she stayed asleep. To be exact... bridal style. I walked towards the car seeing some flashes around us. I placed a hoodie in front of her face so she wouldn't wake up from the flashes wich luckily worked. I sat her down on the car before I drove of to our hotel. I drives a bit more careful and when we arrived I picked her up again bringing her to the hotelroom. I payed her down on the bed before closing the curtains. I took some clean clothes and went in to the bathroom to take a shower. I let the warm water run over my body. I squeezed some of the liquid shampoo on my hand and rubbed it in my hair before washing it out. Afterwards I changed into my grey sweatpants with a black plain shirt. I walked back into the room silently and cleaned my stuff up.

Olivia: "you look cute when your hair is wet."

Lando: "oh your awake."

Olivia: "mhm"

I could hear she was still sleepy and she had a sleepy smile on her face. I laid down next to her and her hand went up to my hair playing with the wet curls.

Olivia: "did you already eat?"

Lando: "no was planning on going down in a minute or so."

Olivia: "I will fresh myself up and then come along."

Lando: "sounds good."

We gave each other a quick kiss and then she got up from the bed. She quickly changed into something presentable and we went down to have a quick dinner. I remembered it was almost Olivia's birthday so when she was in the shower after dinner I was searching for something to get her. I wanted something perfect. Guess that's normal tho.
——————————————————————————

𝟚 𝕎 𝔼 𝔼 𝕂  𝕊    𝕃 𝔸 𝕋 𝔼 ℝ
꧁𝙾𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚊'𝚜  𝙿𝙾𝚅꧂

I woke up by a lot of kisses on my cheek. I opened my eyes to see a pair of familiar blue eyes. Lando's eyes. His curls were messy which I absolutely adored. He was smiling widely as he looked at me.

Lando: "happy birthday princess."

My smile instantly dropped as I looked away from his happy eyes. My birthday day... one of the worst days of my life. I felt my eyes become watery and pressed my head into my pillow. I felt a hand on my back softly drawing circles.

Lando: "are you okay?"

Olivia: "I need Max... I'm sorry."

Lando: "it's okay..."

It wasn't okay. I could hear it in his voice. After a few minutes I heard a knock on the door and not a few seconds later I was pulled of the bed by Max. He had picked me up and I was now in his arms.

Max: "it's okay Ol..."

Olivia: "it isn't... it really isn't... it's all my fault... if I wasn't-"

Max: "no! Ol you promised to not say that anymore!"

Olivia: "we both know it's true..."

Max: "please... calm down."

I took a few minutes till I felt better and I pulled Lando in a hug before walking of to the bathroom. I pulled the door close behind me trying to get ready for the day. I turned on the shower and got in.

꧁𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘'𝚜  𝙿𝙾𝚅꧂

I was left with Max in the room. I was confused. Why did she cry? Why did she need Max? Why didn't she ask me to help? What did I miss? I looked at Max who was now standing with watery eyes as well.

Lando: "what's wrong with Ol...?"

Max: "her uhm... her mother died when she was born... she still blames herself for it. She thinks if she wasn't born it would be better. She's never like that only on this day."

A tear ran down Max's cheek. He was hurt because Olivia was hurt... because Olivia wasn't in a good state... he was as worried as me maybe even worse.

Max: "she tries to uhm... end... it on this day sometimes... I'm always worried on this day... just like the rest of the family. I'm sorry."

Lando: "I didn't know that..."

Max: "I already suspected that... We never celebrate her birthday because it hurts her. She might look though but she's definitely not... she isn't even opened up to you yet..."

Lando: "I really thought she was?"

Max slowly shook his head. He was looking down at the ground as he left the room. I was thinking about what we had to do today... media day... the worst day to get Ol out here. I called with Charlotte to get rid of as much as we could. She was now down to 2 interviews and go around track in any way. She came back in the room and laid next to me. Her eyes were still red. I gently smiled at her. Nothing to crazy tho.

Olivia: "I'm sorry."

Lando: "it's okay. Max explained..."

Olivia: "I just couldn't tell you..."

Lando: "I know now so that's alright. Just don't do anything crazy... please."

Olivia: "I won't."

I small tear escaped her eye again as I gently wiped it away she gave me a small smile as well. She let out a sigh as we got up from the bed and walked out of the hotel towards track to get our day done. Interviews, going around track, meetings with engineers and mechanics. Pretty okay if you ask me tho.