14: His Childhood

Third Person POV

" He is actually my mobile phone." Jungkook said and Namjoon gritted his teeth.

He banged his hands on the table and stood up.

" Do you think all of this is a joke huh!? Do you know in which case you are involving yourself in!? It's my brother's case which I am solving for the past six months. And here you are telling me he is a mobile phone!?" Namjoon shouted making the four boys flinch.

He really looked scary.

Jin was quick to calm him down.

" Joonie calm down please." He said.

" But Jin-"

" For me. Please calm down." He said. Namjoon sighed and nodded. He sat down and exhaled a breath.

" Now kids. You better explain everything from the start." Jin said and Jungkook was quick to nod.

He explained everything from the start. How he met Taehyung, how he was surprised by that fact too. He told what all Taehyung can do and also told him how Taehyung remembered them both and they reached here, to meet them.

" S-So....is my Taebaby here?" Namjoon asked and the four boys nodded.

" W-Wait...." Namjoon said and opened his phone.

" Is this the boy who you claim as your mobile phone?" He asked Jungkook as he showed them all the picture.

" Yes

" Yes...." Jungkook said and kept staring at the picture.

" Oh my god! Is this Taehyung!?" Jimin squealed.

" He is so cute!!" Hoseok said while smiling brightly.

Yoongi nodded in approvement.

" W-Where is our Taebaby?" Jin asked. Jungkook pointed in the air.

" Is there a way in which you can prove us that Taehyung is really here?" Namjoon asked.

Jungkook nodded and told Taehyung to do the same thing he told when he met Yoonminseok for the first time. He passed his phone to Namjoon and told Taehyung to take their picture. When Namjoon opened the phone's gallery he was shocked. He finally understood that the four boys weren't lying.

He broke down in tears.

" How did this happen to my baby brother? Who did this to him?" He asked Jungkook.

The four boys could see how much the police officer loved his younger brother.

" I don't know who did that to him. When I asked him, he said that he doesn't remember anything leaving the fact that the person who opened the phone first will be only be able to see him. No one other than me can see him or talk to him." Jungkook explained.

" But he remembers everything in parts. Like he remembers something but has forgotten most of the parts of his memories." Jungkook said.

The only one quiet who was quite in the room was Taehyung himself. Jungkook noticed that because Taehyung is really loud and annoying and talkative. He gets excited on smallest things. Then what is keeping the younger one quiet?

" Um..... what's wrong Tae?" Jungkook asked Taehyung and now all looked at the direction where Jungkook was looking at even though all they saw was air.

" I- can they tell me what all I used to do when I was young?" Taehyung said as he looked at the pictures.

" Tae is asking you to tell him all the things from when he was a small kid." Jungkook said.

Jin nodded.

" So, Kim Joon-wo and Kim Taeri were our parents. We all were quite a happy family till the age of 19, when I fell in love with Jin. We became boyfriends. My parents were homophobic and they did not accept our relationship. They told me to leave Jin for the sake of their reputation. When I said no, they threatened to kick me out of of the house. Taehyung did not like that and he told that he was Gay too. We came to know he liked Sungjae." Namjoon said.

Jungkook poked his inner cheek with his tongue. Who is the guy that Taehyung used to like? He wanted to see this Sungjae.

" Our parents actually loved Taehyung very much. They couldn't accept it. They didn't want Taehyung to be with Sungjae. So they tried to set a little Taehyung with a lots of girls so that he would have a change of sexuality." Namjoon said.

" That's absurd!!" Jimin yelled suddenly. Namjoon sighed.

" I know. Taehyung did not like what our parents were doing so he packed his bags and left that house and started living with me. We both were too young to manage our lives on our own. We had to pay for school fees, home rents and bills and it was quite tough for a 20 year old Namjoon and 15 year old Taehyung. Jin's and Sungjae's parents supported us and we did quite well. When Taehyung reached 18, he started working in a café and I became a police officer. The café owner was a kind man. He knew that Taehyung was a kid and also had to study so he didn't give him much work to do. But he didn't deduct any salary. Jin became a detective. Me and Jin married soon and the three of us bought this house. Our own house. More two years went by smoothly. Taehyung started studying for Interior designing and Sungjae followed my path to become a police officer because he says that I was his role model. But both of them still didn't confess." Namjoon said.

Jungkook didn't like this Sungjae because Taehyung liked him. His jealousy and anger was reaching to its peek. Yoongi noticed it. He kept a hand on his shoulder and mouthed 'Calm down'.

" And then suddenly six months ago, Taehyung went missing. A week ago he told me and Jin that he felt someone following him. We tried to search for that person but couldn't find anyone who followed Taehyung. After he went missing, I started searching for him on my own. But when I failed, I had to involve my team. Jin was a detective, so he was helping us too. We didn't find much clues but as far as we searched about this case many students around Taehyung's age went missing. Girls and boys both. We found out that they were only choosing good-looking kids." Namjoon said.

" I think all those who had been kidnapped were changed into what Taehyung has been changed to." Hoseok said.

" Yes. I guess they have used these kids for technology. They should be robot scientists or something related to that field." Jin said.

" So now it's time to solve this case"

*****

Jeonlous to its fullest 🤷

MEME TIME