𝙲𝙷. 𝟺𝟸 ☯︎︎ 𝙻𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚂𝚞𝚌𝚌𝚞𝚋𝚞𝚜

Start from the beginning

The guard reaches out right after and grabs the tattooed woman by her neck, roughly squeezing it to make her look at him.

"Why are you here?" He spits in her face, anger rolling off of him in waves. San attempts to step in to rip the man's arms off of her, but she stops him with a wave of her hand, reminding him to stay down. "Answer me!"

"Ugh," Kurenai groans as the guard nears his face to hers, lifting her eyes to look directly into Vael's green ones. "You're breath stinks."

"You bi—!"

"Don't." San finally steps in, managing to grab the fist that Vael had reeled back to strike Kurenai with. Vael stands there stunned and still grabbing onto Kurenai's neck.

He can tell by the look in San's eyes that the man has approached him with murderous intent, making it harder for him to proceed.

"Let go of me, scumbag," Vael orders the mulleted man. San doesn't relent, tightening his grip on Vael's fist.

"You first." The bodyguard surrenders his grip on Kurenai, stepping back when San let's go as well and watching closely while San attends to Kurenai's bloody nose.

"You never answered my question."

"Cut the crap, you know exactly why I'm here." The tattooed woman grits back, flinching when San pinches the bridge of her nose. "So let me in or I'll force my way through."

"Hah," the bodyguard chuckles humorlessly, crossing his arms. "You never change, do you? You stuck-up whore."

"And your still an asshole, what's new?" Vael stares at Kurenai and San for a little bit longer, battling with himself on what to do next.

"God, you're such a pain to deal with." He sighs, moving away from the door to let them in.

San and Kurenai make their way inside, looking around the room to find a woman with neon pink hair dancing seductively on a platform at the center of the room just a couple of feet off of the floor with an o-shaped booth surrounding it. Sitting around the booth are multiple men with their eyes peeled back in lust, carousing and throwing around money with bottles of liquor all around them.

When the dancing woman casts her eyes in their direction, her eyes meet with Kurenai's briefly, and her face changes, messing up her vibe. The woman nods at Vael who clears his throat, grabbing all of the perverted watchers' attentions.

"Excuse me, lads, but I believe your time has run out. Please, exit the room."

"Aw, sonny, we have half an hour left. Don't stress yourself!" One of the drunken men utters with a slur in his voice making the rest break into laughter.

"Oi, I bet he's just jealous we get to spend our time with the Lady." Another man adds in, striking a nerve in Vael which is seen as clear as day on his face.

"Lads, we remember what happened the last time you didn't listen to my orders, don't we?" Vael gives them an unsettling smile, his seemingly light threat having a greater effect on them than they let on.

"L-Let's go, boss. This isn't worth the trouble." A third man advises and they all get up begrudgingly, filing out of the room with their heads bowed down as they walk past Vael. It isn't until the pink-haired woman speaks that San and Kurenai focus their attention on her.