TWENTY ONE

Juniper

Rick finally pulls up to the door and Aiden holds the door open for me, and while Aiden gives Rick directions to my place from here, I watch him, the way his sharp jaw works with each word, the way his beard shapes his jaw perfectly, his curls falling onto his forehead, he really is beautiful.

"What are you looking at?" He asks meeting my eyes.

I blush and look away. "Nothing." I smile at my hands.

"You blushing tells me something entirely else." His voice heavy with lust.

I blush even more. "Stop!" I say smacking his shoulder and giggle.

"You are beautiful, Junie." He tells me.

I look up at him through my hair and blush again. "Stop it, Memphis. You're making me blush!"

He laughs a real belly laugh, which might just be my new favorite sound.

The car soon becomes silent around us, the only noise is the outside world buzzing past. I can't believe I'm in a car, and someone besides myself is driving. I'll have to call my dad and tell him, he'll be so happy.

"Why are you smiling?" Aiden asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Just happy." I tell him honestly.

"Why are you happy?"

I look at him and smirk. "Are you always so inquisitive, Memphis?"

He laughs again. "Maybe I've been spending too much time with Marshall." He smiles. "Now tell me, what's got you so happy that you're smiling like that at the window and not at me?"

"Just thinking what my dad will say when I tell him I rode in a car that was driven by someone else" I tell him with a small smile which he return with a wide smile.

"What do you think he'll say?" He asks.

"I think he'll be surprised and happy."

The car comes to a halt, and I see a shadow on my porch, Aiden notices too, and then the shadow doubles, a smaller frame and a tall frame, they look towards the car and my stomach drops.

"Is that..." Aiden start.

I gulp, "Yup, they've found me." I almost want to cry. My voice is shaky.

"How..." Aiden starts again, but I finish it.

"I - I don't even know." I begin to numbly gather my things and Aiden quickly opens his door and jumps out.

"Aiden?" I ask but its too late cause he's already opening my door.