It makes me special. This day revolves around me and her. We are sharing words that will bound us forever. There is no going back.

I checked myself in the mirror and decided that I was ready. I didn't have a hairstylist because I would have to move my eye patch. Nobody ever saw me without it except my father and brother. I removed it while I was sleeping only to be more comfortable.

I was fixing my hair for more than an hour trying to decide on which side should I put it on. I had naturally curly hair but I was always straightening it because my father told me I looked like a boy, unlike some serious man. It has stuck with me ever since.

''Are you ready? I've been waiting for half an hour.'' Sebastian said impatiently. I chuckled and removed my gaze from the mirror.

''Do I look handsome? Will she like me?'' I asked unsurely. He huffed.

''You look handsome, brother. And does it matter if she likes you? You like how you look and that's important. Now let's go.'' He said and pulled me by my elbow. I chuckled at his words. I didn't quite believe him. Her opinion mattered to me. More than it should.

''I'm nervous a bit. Do you think she is nervous too? What if she runs away?'' I asked.

''No one would run away. You need to calm down and believe that everything is going to be alright. We just need to say 'I do'. Put a ring on her finger and done. Don't overcomplicate it.'' Sebastian explained. He was right. I just answer on minister's words and put a ring on her finger. Simple.

We entered our black car and the driver started it. Sebastian was my best man and it was the best decision I could make.

We reached the church and saw my father waiting for us. He gave me a harsh look as I bowed my head down.

''I apologize for being late.''

''Be happy that guests are still calm or you would pay your consequences. Now, look presentable and go stand by the altar.'' He hissed as I nodded.

I and Sebastian entered the church and people turned around. I walked to the altar looking confident but inside I was crumbling. The priest was waiting behind the altar and gave me that fatherly smile. I couldn't help but smile back.

The music started playing and I knew what was happening. She arrived. Just when I thought that I looked up to see her and her father coming closer.

My breath was taken away.

Her wedding gown that accentuated her figure, gave her an amazing glow. Her makeup was light, looking almost natural as thick black lashes brought out her hazel eyes more. She looked amazing and I had that proud feeling to call her my wife even when I wasn't so handsome for her.

Her father put her hand in mine and curtly nodded to me as if telling me to take care of her.

The ceremony started but I was like a lost boy just looking at one person whole the time. She mesmerized me.

She didn't look at me, but that's okay. I had a horrible hairstyle. I knew I should make it look more professional.

''Do you, Ezra, take Hazel as your lawfully wedded wife?'' The priest said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

''I do,'' I answered.

''Do you, Hazel, take Ezra as your lawfully wedded husband?''

A silence.

She didn't look at me nor anyone. I glanced at my father to see him glaring in our direction. I squeezed her hand gently as fear coursed through my veins.

''I do.'' She said and I sighed in relief.

''I pronounce you as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.'' My cheeks flamed but I lifted her chin. Her eyes met mine and I noticed they were glossy. Tears were almost spilling out and I felt my heart squeeze painfully.

I kissed her forehead quickly and let it go. I didn't want my first kiss to be like this. She was almost crying and I realized how much pressure she bore. I was a man and since childhood, mom taught me how to be brave and protect the woman I loved.

But she was fragile. And that's why I had to bear everything. I needed to be strong for her.

I tuned out the clapping and everything and just focused on moving forward with my wife. Wife. What a nice feeling.

''Let's go,'' I said and she nodded. I knew that tomorrow she will be herself again but I will give her my support today. She needs it.

A/N

Thank you for voting and commenting.
I didn't want to write full ceremony because I found it boring. But hope you liked this chapter.