We delved into yet another conversation, this time about my childhood somehow, but the entire time I couldn't stop thinking about how I would manage to ask Dante the age gap question. I was practically shaking with fear under the table as I prayed that he didn't get awkward when I eventually decided that our conversation needed to take such a drastic turn.

"Thank you so much," I thanked the waitress who placed our plates down in front of us, even though my stomach was turning too much for me to even eat. "You know the other day...when I said I had something to ask you?"

Dante, who had already began eating, lifted his head to look at me with a full mouth of pasta. Nonetheless, he nodded his head, encouraging me to continue.

"I...I." How was a possibly going to get this out? Finally, I took a deep breath, stopped myself from shaking and continued. "Are you bothered by our age difference?"

His eyes widened like saucers at my question, only making the jitters return. But then, he surprised my by letting out a chuckle. This was not a funny matter.

"Personally...I'm not bothered by it. You are the youngest person I've dated and this is the largest gap I've had with someone but...I don't see a problem with it," he admitted, allowing my shoulders to droop from their tense position. "But...I do know that there is a possibility that it could cause some problems down the line."

"That...is what I'm worried about."

"I don't think we should be worried until those problems arise, sweetheart. As long as we have open communication with one another and accept that it may be a challenge in....whatever this is...I think we'll be okay."

The gargantuan grin that grew on my face happened against my will, but I was so relieved by his answer. Now that I had heard his explanation and he heard mine, it felt like the weight of an elephant had been lifted off my shoulders. Speaking of elephants—

"Do you think elephants get embarrassed when people constantly comment on their weight. Like in the sayings that we use?"

"Where did that question come from?" He  inquired incredulously, shaking his head at me, but giving me the slightest quirk of his lips.

"Just answer the question, Dante."

***
ALL OF MY DOUBTS about Dante and I seemed to dissipate after I learned his true feelings about our age difference. Which was exactly why I was letting him practically shove his tongue down my throat as I straddled him in the driver's seat of his car.

Somehow during the dinner, our conversation had taken a sexual turn that ended with us in this exact situation. From the conversation, I had gathered that Dante was not only a very dominant person, but even what his favorite sex position was. I was positive that the elderly couple beside us heard everything, but I was so engrossed in the chat we were having that I couldn't care.

Now, he was kissing me as if I was the air he needed to survive and I was reciprocating it completely. My hands gripped onto his hair as he kept a hand wrapped around my neck—something I was not opposed to. I had never thought about it before, especially since I was such an independent and determined person, but I was completely different person in bed—I wasn't nearly as dominant as I was in my real life.

I let out a moan as his hand tightened around my neck while his hand gripped my ass through my dress. As much as I was enjoying the kiss, I desperately needed to breathe and I wasn't sure how Dante didn't need to.

"Oh my gosh," I whispered against his swollen lips as I pulled away for a second, opening my eyes to look into his brown eyes that were only centimeters away from mine.