27// For Mom

Year 2022
New York, USA
Penthouse, Shim Towers

Folding her clothes and organizing her toiletries, Rona gets a new luggage ready to carry all the gifts she had for the people at home.

They leave in 2 days since classes finished a week ago. Mina, Seojun and Minho said their goodbyes since they had seperate vacations.

Looking through her large closet, she comes across a little box beside her jewelry chest. Inside was a beautiful necklace, it was one owned by her mom that she took with her.

Stroking the black pendant, she thinks back to the time she started packing up to move afresh for New York

Flashback

Year 2020
Seoul, South Korea
45th Floor of Hera Palace || YoonHee's Apartment

Organizing the things she didn't need in a box, Rona looks through her late mother's personal items. Picking up a little lacquer box, she finds some of her mother's favorite jewelry pieces.

Stopping her gaze on that black pendant, she strokes it for a bit and simply smiles. It wasn't until she was about to close the jewelry box when a little note fell down.

'This little black pendant necklace is one of my most favorite accessories. I give this to you my dear daughter for your birthday. Eventhough it is a hand me down, I hope you'll still love it. Think of it as if I will be with you while you wear it.'

Rona smiles and silently says a little thank you to her mother, looking at the vanity mirror. The tears she tried to endure prick her eyes and roll down her cheeks slowly.

At this point, Rona simply wanted out of South Korea and wanted a new beginning. Having so much conversations with Seokhoon, they both agreed that they had to start somewhere else. Although they did make it clear to their respective families that they weren't running away. It's just they don't think they would get a new beginning in a place which caused them so much pain.

It was 3 days after she finished organizing everything and emptying the 45th floor apartment plus visiting her mother's grave for the last time, when she and Seokhoon walk towards the huge entrance of Hera Palace.

Taking in her last sight of the golden lobby, they both breathe out a sigh of relief. Seokkyung later came from behind rushing the couple to enter the car since they would miss their flight if they were late.

Flight 167 headed for New York is now boarding at gate #20

In 30 minutes, the Hera gang arrive at the airport. Hearing the announcement, Eunbyeol who was teary eyed secretly wiped the tears that escaped her eyes.

'Seokhoon ah, please take good care of my daughter and yourself.'

Yoonchul pats Seokhoon's shoulder and goes to embrace his daughter for the last time before she leaves.