Ch. 8: We're Not In Kansas Anymore

DSMP!Dream POV:

"Care to shed some light on your backwards behaviour?"

George had led Dream back to the cabin he had traveled away from. The brunette sat him immediately on the bed before crossing his arms and hovering over him, scrutinizing every part of the other male. Dream had felt exposed, even with the mask on, and didn't really want to talk still. However, as his strange luck would have it, he didn't have much of a choice.

It was apparent that George refused to leave him alone until he revealed what was going on. His talk about busting out of prison and calling George dumb without an affectionate tone had steeled the brunette's resolve on getting to the bottom of this. Dream had reluctantly started to recount pieces of his tale, or at least what he remembered recently.

"...I'm supposed to be in prison, George," Dream turned his head away from the shorter. "I don't know how long you've been asleep, or if this is just a front, but while I am grateful to be out of that hellhole, I also know that the reason behind it is nothing good. I remember.....being in my cell, Quackity had just left....and.....I passed out? I'm not sure.........Regardless, I ended up here, okay? Where is this place?"

"It's just the same world you've been on since the beginning of....whatever," George frowned. "I still don't get what you're saying. Quackity?"

"Yeah, Quackity," Dream looked back at him. "Where is he? Is he back at Las Nevadas or something?"

"Dream....Quackity has only been here for MCC tournaments," George was extremely concerned now. "That's not for another few months. Has he threatened you or hurt you? Did he come see you here or something?"

"He tortured me, George, he's got to be here somewhere!" Dream sounded frantic. "He'd never just let me go! He swore he'd never let me out! He's here!"

"He's back in his own area with a few other people," George shook his head. "He hasn't been around here in ages. We would've known. Karl even sent that postcard a week ago, Dream. How could he have tortured you?"

Dream looked down, only to remember that his injuries were gone. All bandages and recent wounds had vanished into nothing, but would George really accept his kept scars as evidence of the Hispanic's torture? He might brush them off as remnants of the disc war or other battles, and he wasn't about to show his most prominent face-scar to George. Not only was George's previous nonchalance about his mask unnerving, but the Brit didn't deserve to be given a free look at his face as a way of trying to convey his urgency.

"Look, if you can't tell me, then I don't know what you expect me to do," George threw up a hand in exasperation. "You do realize that you're blaming Quackity, the one who could barely land a scratch on you in a few MCC games, for torture? What torture? Why would he torture you?"

"He wants the Revive Book," Dream said bitterly.

George wrinkled his nose. "Revive Book?"

Dream looked up at George's skeptical expression. As much as he cared about the male, and as scared as he was of the unknown situation he was in, anger began to simmer within his gut. He took George's crinkled nose bridge as a taunt; it didn't matter if George had been asleep for eons somehow - he didn't have to sound so haughty when second-guessing Dream.

George was standing there, nearly stone-faced, with his arms crossed while looking down blankly at Dream.

Of course he'd take it all as a taunt.

"Brings people back to life after they lose all three of their canon lives," Dream spat, irritated. "Wouldn't expect Sleeping Beauty to have heard of it recently, but you can at least understand the premise. I burnt the original book after memorizing its contents, so only I have the ability now to use its power."