"Ok... Uh, am I supposed to be there?"

"No, don't worry. We're gonna take care of this. Now go!"

"Yeah, yeah, alright..."

She started to turn, heading for the door, before abruptly turning back and rushing to her mom. Sabine seemed surprised when her daughter basically ran into her arms and hugged her like she was her lifeline.

"Thank you, maman. For everything."

Before Sabine could even react, Marinette broke the hug, kissed her mother's cheek, and ran out the door.

"It's really the least I could do, mon bébé."

—-

"Girl, you're here in time! Nino, look at this!" Alya exclaimed as Marinette dropped to her chair next to her.

"Hey, dudette!" Nino greeted. "Have you seen Adrien in the hall or in the locker room?"

"No, I didn't," Marinette answered, short of breath. "Another photoshoot?"

"Maybe..."

"Mari, you look kind of... sweaty?" Alya noticed, touching Marinette's forehead with one finger. "You're okay?"

"I thought I was gonna be late, so I ran...," Marinette explained before adding with a low voice. "Maybe a little too fast."

"Do you need water?"

"Oh god, yes, please."

Alya laughed before reaching into her backpack and took her Ladybug-themed water bottle, lending it to Marinette. "There you go."

"Thanks. Cute bottle."

"I know right? Oh, my god! You should buy a Chat Noir one! We could fit!"

Marinette stared at her best friend with her eyes wide open.

Chat Noir. Chat Noir my partner. Chat Noir might know who I am. He might also love me. Chat Noir -

"Marinette?"

"Right! Yeah, I should! Of course! It's an amazing idea!"

"Wait, really? I'm gonna send you the link right now!"

"Great, you do that..."

As Marinette took a sip from Alya's water bottle while unsuccessfully trying to forget about her partner, she heard a familiar voice behind her that made her freeze.

"Well, I really shouldn't talk about it, you know. It's supposed to be a secret."

She turned around slowly and saw Lila talking with her other girl friends. Her heart started beating faster in her chest as she realized that her second worst enemy was back from her supposed trip to Canada.

"Alya."

"Hmm?"

"Lila's back."

"I know. Hey, I've sent you the link! Oh, by the way, Nino, can you pass me yesterday's note for -"

"Why is she back?"

Alya turned to look at her, confused, but Marinette's eyes were still strained on Lila.

"Uh, because she comes to school here?"

"Oh girls, I really can't!" the liar was saying. "Ladybug wouldn't agree!"

"What is she talking about?" Marinette asked no one in particular. "Still saying that she's Ladybug's best friend?"

"Who's Ladybug's best friend?"