That police officer, Asuma.

That's it! I'll ask him to check! Surely a police officer has access to the house, even if it is just to check if everyone is there.

"Sakura!" I blurt out and Sakura flinches.

We are currently on another dreadful date at a nearby cafe. Sakura sits across from me in a small booth at the back corner of this establishment. She's sipping on some green bubble tea through an obnoxiously thick pink straw. There's another unopened straw on the table because my mother intended for us to share the drink, but I let Sakura have it all to herself.

"W-What?" She stutters at my sudden perky nature.

"Can I borrow your phone?" I ask politely.

"Uhh... why?" She taps the side of the plastic cup with her glittery fingernails.

"I need to make a call to someone. It's urgent."

Sakura pulls her purse onto her lap and digs through the small bag, pulling out her phone. Her phone case is a matte baby pink with various amounts of hand-painted flowers scattered on the backside. Sakura types in her password and briefly closes a few tabs before handing me the phone.

"Don't snoop, okay?" She urges me with her bottom lip sticking out, a light blush gracing her cheeks, "There is some really revealing stuff in there."

I take the phone from her, "Thank you. I promise I won't snoop."

With that, I stand up from the booth and head for the bathroom. I step into one of the stalls and lock the door, holding the phone up to my face. Immediately, I'm greeted with a home screen of Ino and Sakura together. Ino has a peace sign up while Sakura holds the camera, sultry little smiles on the girls' faces. I chuckle and try to find the phone app, swiping through each section of apps on the phone. It takes a surprisingly long time because Sakura has way too many apps on this phone. Eventually, I find the app and type in the number from my memory.

I hesitate a little before pressing the call button and holding the phone up to my ear. Two short rings are heard and a familiar clicking noise, followed by a polite greeting from the person on the other side of the phone.

"Uh... H-Hello?" I stammer nervously, "Is this... Officer Asuma?"

"Yes?" He confirms, "Who is this?"

"Ah, it's me... Naruto. Naruto Namikaze." I introduce myself, "You... You gave me this number in case of an emergency..."

"Oh! The mayor's son that ran away! Yes, I remember you. What's the emergency?"

"There isn't an emergency, per se, just something that I really need confirming." I clarify, "Do you think you could drop by Sasuke's house for a second?"

"I'm not really on call right now... but I think I could stop by briefly. What do you need?"

"You see, he's leaving overseas to live with his father, but I don't know when. I just wanted to make sure he didn't leave yet. If possible, can you ask when he'll leave if he's still there?"

Asuma clears his throat, "Sure. I can do that. Do you want me to call this number when I find out?"

"Uh... No. Call my home phone number."

"You want me to call the Mayor's house phone?" He repeats in shock.

"Y-Yes... Is that not possible?"

"It is. It is. It's just that... it's not really in my place as a police officer to call someone so... important." Asuma tells me.