"It's like a goddamn riddle, AJ," Koven rubbed his temple with his fingertips, frustration flooding out of him. 

"Who would even leave it? Slone was killed that night and wasn't able to transfer it before," Stephano added, mentioning my father's bitch, the rat who we heard accidentally shot my sister. 

"We actually never got a record or a body, we don't know for sure that he's dead yet," Koven replied, leaving a bunch of questions out on the table. Questions that no one could answer. 

"He has a point. We all thought Zhara was dead, and here we are now," I reminded, shrugging slightly at the possibility. 

"Would Slone even know to write that? And how the fuck would he even get out alive?" Ajax pondered, furrowing his brows in thought. 

We all knew Armani security was heavy and how stupid Slone was. The chances of things playing out how we assumed were slim, but still there. There had to have been someone else there who got the note to Slone if we are on the right track with our facts. But who? 

"Scan the handwriting, compare it to anyone's you come across. And contact the number on the back. Anything is useful right now," Ajax ordered the awaiting guards, who were quick to comply and race out to fulfill the duty. 

 He sighed and rested his head back on the chair that was planted at the head of the table, as usual, silently hoping for a solution to this problem. We needed a plan before assuming anything for our plan to get Zhara back, and taking it step-by-step seemed to be the only way. 

"We'll get her back, brother. I know we will," I promised, trying to convince myself more than him. 

{ZHARA}

"Shhh,  just let it happen. Sorry, man," I whisper sadly to the man kneeling in front of me, who also seems to have been stabbed in the neck by his own screwdriver. I watched as the life drained from his face and I honestly felt a little bad for murdering the man who just so happened to come down here to unscrew the lightbulb. I bet he wasn't expecting this to happen...

They were dumbasses for sending someone down anyway... seriously, did they not catch on at all?

I shoved the man back and ripped the screwdriver from his flesh, watching as blood spewed out and formed a puddle next to the body. 

I held the screwdriver up to my eyes, trying to get a closer look and to make sure this guy's neck didn't fuck it up. It looked like it could do the job, so I made my way over to the window. The old chair was placed beneath it so I could hoist myself up and outta here efficiently. 

Zion would still think I was here and most likely would have sent someone out to get me some feminine products because of my little message, so this will be far from what he thinks is going on in his big, bad, protected safe house. 

This isn't the safe haven he thinks it is, and I won't hesitate to burn the building to ashes to prove it. 

I adjusted the bloody tip of the screwdriver in the indents where they matched up with the screws and started twisting to the left, waiting for it to get loose. 

I bit my lip as my heart raced in my chest, trying to calm the nerves that were exploding through my skin right now. I didn't really know what I was going to do when I got out of this situation, but I'm sure I would think of something fantastic like I usually do. 

I practically jumped from my spot on the chair when the screw fell into my palm after I had finished unscrewing it. Only three more to go. 

I sped up my process to get myself out of here faster, knowing that the old guy who brings me the food would be here in about an hour. I had time, but I wanted them to get here after I left so they would know to look for me. What I will end up planning needs to be seen to make a point and be effective.