Forgiveness is Everything

Dwayne slowly opens the bedroom door and sees Ricky laying in his bed reading a book. "Hey, you feeling okay?"

Ricky looked at him then back at his book and shrugged. "Yeah."

"Your tone in voice doesn't match your answer." Dwayne walked further in and sat on his bed.

Ricky sighed and bookmarked his book. "Cause.... I did feel better, til I all of a sudden had this thought of just breaking up with her. Then I was like no that's kind of a stupid reason, now I still feel shitty because I might end relationships for small reasons."

"Now I'm glad you didn't stick to that idea cause I would've flat out told you that's a shit-ass reason to break up with somebody and made you feel shitty regardless." Dwayne commented.

Ricky lightly snickered and fiddled with the spine of the book. "But I don't know what to do yet. I'm still kinda upset with her for abandoning me at the arcade."

"Well it is only day two of you processing everything. Give yourself another day or two. Also the main reason I came in here is to tell you that dinner is ready and she wants us downstairs."

"Well shoot she's gonna start yelling at us." Ricky got up from his bed and went downstairs with Dwayne.

~~~~~~~~somewhere around 1am~~~~~~~~~~

Kamari: hey dude
Ricky: why are you up and texting me in the middle of the night??
Kamari: well what are YOU doing up?
Ricky: I heard my phone making a noise and saw it was from you >:/
Kamari: well jeez sorry, I can't sleep so I thought why not
Ricky: out of all people, why me?
Kamari: ur special <3
Ricky:.....ok
Kamari: so how's your summer going so far? I basically did nothing but watched movies and played video games
Ricky: it's aight. Me and Grace had a small fight but other than that it's all good
Kamari: fight? What happened?
Ricky: she became friends with my brother's girlfriend because of our double date we had and then all of a sudden she forgets about me when she's around and she abandoned me at the arcade
Kamari: damn.
Ricky: she apologized and I forgave her of course but we're just kind of taking a small break
Kamari: well hopefully things get better between the both of y'all
Ricky: thanks, but I would really like to go back to sleep now
Kamari: ugh fine. goodnight I'll talk to you later
Ricky: bye

~~~~~~~next morning at Grace's house~~~~~~~

Grace sat up and stared at her phone. She thought of texting Ricky to check up on him but fears of causing trouble. Plus he did say he wants space. She sat her phone down and sighed.

A knock was heard from her bedroom door and her mom peaked in. "Good morning sweetie, breakfast is ready."

"I'll be there in a minute." Grace said while pushing the covers off her. She walked downstairs and met in the kitchen with her mom, dad and her twin brothers, Keegan and Tylen.

"You've been acting not like yourself for the past few days. Is there something going on between you and your little boyfriend?" Her dad asked.

Grace sighed and spoke, "We did had a little fight. But it's mostly my fault though."

"What did you do?" Her mom asked.

"I became friends with his brother's girlfriend and we were becoming really close but I guess I just sort of push him away when she's around. Like making him feel like he doesn't exist no more."

"Did you at least apologize?"

"Yes, and he forgave me, but right now he just wants some space."

"Well I'm glad you're respecting his request." Her mom sat a plate of pancakes down. "It sounds like the situation wasn't too extreme so hopefully he'll get back in touch with you soon."

"Yeah...I hope so."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Later that evening~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grace sat in the living room with her family until she heard a ding from her phone and saw a text from Ricky. She quickly got up and ran to her bedroom for privacy.

Grace: Hey, how's it going?
Ricky: it's going good. I've finally got time to think and I fully forgive you. I know you and Jacqueline have became good friends and I'm happy for y'all.
Grace: aww yay :D I'm so happy to hear those words. But I promise I will make sure you won't feel invisible again.
Ricky: promise?
Grace: promise
Ricky: wanna come over tomorrow?
Grace: yes yes yes a thousand times yes!
Ricky: haha okay see you tomorrow
Grace: see you <3
Grace sat her phone down let out a huge sigh of relief.