Being too friendly will get you in trouble

~~~~~~The next day ~~~~~~

Jacqueline and Grace phone convo:
Jacqueline: hey, how are you feeling?
Grace: I feel better but I still have this gut feeling that Ricky doesn't love me anymore
Jacqueline: I don't think he hates you. There's gonna be conflicts and disagreements in relationships. Just give him some space like he said and I'm pretty sure there's gonna be better days ahead.
Grace: I guess you're right
Jacqueline: hell yeah I'm right. Btw I'm gonna bother Dwayne at work today wanna come with?
Grace: lol sure

~~~~~~~~~Baltimore Animal Shelter~~~~~

"Why are you bothering me again?" Dwayne asked as Jacqueline came in along with Grace.

"Because I'm bored and have nothing else to do." Jacqueline went up to the front desk.

Dwayne handed her a flyer from the desk. "We're hiring."

"I already got a job."

"You only work on the weekends for some reason and you love to bother me on the weekdays so why not?"

"Can you show me the different animals y'all have here?" Grace asked.

"Oh shoot...I didn't notice you came in." Dwayne laughed.

"I decided to take her with me to help her feel better." Jacqueline side hugged her.

"Well sure, I'll be happy to." Dwayne led them to the back where the kennels are. "We mostly have dogs here but of course we also have cats too."

"You don't have hamsters or parrots?" Grace asked.

"No because you keep those pets in cages. Dogs and cats can run loose and need to be kept here where it's safe so people can either adopt or owners can pick them up." Dwayne explained.

"It's so cute when he gets all informationy." Jacqueline gushed.

Dwayne laughed at her comment then continued. "We're actually having a special where if you adopt between now and the 27th of July you'll get a free basket which contains dog food, toys and other stuff."

"Oh cool." Grace said.

"Hey, is he being a good tour guide or is he terrible?" Nala, Dwayne's coworker, came by.

"Haha real funny." Dwayne said with a straight face. "But this is my girlfriend Jacqueline and this is her friend Grace."

"Oh girlfriend?" Nala asked. "I didn't know Dwayne was with someone." She nudged him playfully.

"Yeah we've been together since middle school." Jacqueline said.

"Oh. That's nice." Nala looked back at Dwayne. "By the way I hid the last bag of Doritos in my locker so you can get it once your lunch break comes."

"Why thank you bud." Dwayne patted her on the back.

"You're welcome. Bye it was nice to meet y'all." Nala walked away.

Jacqueline stared at Dwayne as she left.

"What?" Dwayne asked.

"You're not in love with her, are you?" Jacqueline asked slowly.

"What? No. We're just friends don't worry."

"Yeah, and he called her bud." Grace added.

"Okay.....just curious." Jacqueline looked at Dwayne again.

"Thanks for the tour Dwayne, but now I'm ready to go." Grace said with a sad tone.

Jacqueline noticed her tone. "Wanna go get ice cream or something?"

"That'll be great. Thank you."

"So you decided to plan ice cream without me, in front of me? Some girlfriend you are." Dwayne teased.

"How about you ask your side chick Nala to take you." Jacqueline teased back.

"Ma'am I am not having an affair with you."

"I know I know. I'll take you out for ice cream tomorrow after work."

"Thanks sweetie." Dwayne beamed and went back to work.