11 | Arguments

"Let me out!" Taehyung's desperate yells to be released had been resonating throughout the place for over two hours now

Sighing, the angel pinched the bridge of his nose. "You know I can't do that, Taehyung," he said from the other side of the door.

For the past few hours, the hunter had been nothing but quiet and calm, then all of a sudden, he started demanding Jungkook to release him, spilling vile oaths and curses along the way.

The angel's forbearance from taking action was alarmingly close to breaking, having in mind he'd been coerced into listening the hunter's angry tantrums without a stop. Moreover, Hoseok wasn't here to ease the irksome situation, which made it ten times worse.

With his arms crossed over his chest and back leaning against the wooden surface of the door, Jungkook strained his ears in an attempt to hear what was going inside. Taehyung had become awfully silent, not a single exhale or shifting could be registered from the room.

Silence.

Then the loud thud of a body colliding with the ground and rattling sound of metal handcuffs followed.

Jungkook's eyes bulged out of their holes and with the speed of the light he banged inside the bedroom, stilling at the sight of Taehyung crouching next to the bed, still wrapped in cuffs but stubbornly trying to free himself.

"Hey, don't do that," the angel spoke in a gentle tone, sauntering forward to help him. "You'll hurt yourself if– "

"Don't come near me." Taehyung interrupted austerely, blue eyes a stormy sea and velvety deep voice colder than the arctic snows.

The severity of these words washed over Jungkook like white-hot lava, burning him, scalding him, until his body felt as though it were on fire.

Restraining himself from coming any closer, the angel balled his hands in fists by his sides, showing remarkable moderation. He waited for the hunter to gather the sufficient strength before speaking again, patient in his stance and mannerism.

"Do you really think I'm going to believe this bunkum?" Taehyung spat the words like they were meant to be nothing, but to Jungkook they were knives with sharp edges, piercing through his already too fragile heart. "That we're some lovers from a made-up fairytale and I'd died in my first life?"

Tension engirdled the volatile ambience, causing the air to get thicker and squeeze at their throats until every little syllable came out as a shallow whisper.

"I'm not lying to you, Taehyung," the angel's tone was imploring and so were his ineffable black eyes, sedated and subdued despite how hurt he felt at this moment of wrangling. "Everything written in this diary is true."

"Lies!" Taehyung continued to shake his head, refusing to believe the purportedly mendacious confrontations. "You're lying to me!"

"No, I'm not!" Jungkook finally snapped, tired of detaining his own raging with frustrated emotions. All this time spent in futile hopes of meeting a person who, at the very last end, denied the smallest possibility of ever knowing him. "What do I get from lying to you?"