03 | The angel's diary

Dear diary, 

Dear diary, 

I feel empty.

I had the sudden urge to express my sorrow through writing. Despite not being good with words, verbal or written, I do want to express my anguish on this plain sheet of paper, for someone to find it one day and see how much I loved the man who was never meant to be mine. 

Selfishly, I wish I'd never laid eyes on him. A beauty amidst the masses, so inhumanly stunning. Maybe it was wrong for me to have looked on and on and on until my heart was bursting at the seams, but can you blame me?

I will love him recklessly, without words or meaningless phrases. I will love with blazing truth and hopeless defiance and unapologetic beauty.

Until we meet again, my love. 

Year 1681

***

Dear diary, 

It's somewhat eerie to write a journey which feels more like an obituary, but I suppose it shall have to suffice.

My days are getting gloomier without being in the presence of your luminous aura, for it could brighten the darkest parts of my being. Excuse my horrible handwriting, it's quite nerve wracking to lay down my heart on paper for you, but I wanted to confess that I still love you and will continue to wait for your return. Until the end of the world, until we cease to exist, until you are the only existing thought I can clearly imagine. You will always remain my purest sin.

Year 1699

***

Dear diary,

It's hard to believe that half a century has passed since your death. How guilty I feel for taking away something as precious to the world as your life, for it could make places like mine a little lighter. You could've created a family by now, had grandchildren who would run behind the house's meadow and bring a smile to your wrinkled face. 

Though, your face never wrinkled because you didn't grow old enough to know the burden of aging.

I hope for you to experience it in the next lifetime – the wonder all humans relish and revel in – creating a family of your own. 

Sincerely yours,

Jungkook. 

Year 1733

***

Dear diary, 

Today I watched the sunset from our favorite place – the plane tree – which now grew to an immense girth above the house's walls and dropped curls of bark into the soil. The yellowish rays reminded me of your vellum hair – with its soft strands that turned to gold after being exposed to the daylight. I smiled wistfully as my clothes permeated with the pleasant gloom, for it could warm up the frozen heart you've left after your death.