Chapter 4

SSA Dr. Spencer Reid's POV

          It has been around 6 weeks since JJ's kidnapping, and I have yet to leave her side. I let her sleep at my apartment, as well as stay at hers. No, we haven't done anything like sleep in the same bed, kiss, or even hug much for that matter. The most was the one time she had a nightmare and I held her while she cried in my arms. I stroked her hair, holding her and telling her she's safe. Hotch has been acting weird towards me lately, I don't understand why though? Normally I understand these types of things, if I had done something wrong or not, but I cannot read him right now.
I get up out of bed and put some clothes on, heading to go check on JJ. I peep my head in her room and I see her lying in bed, sound asleep. I have recently discovered how adorable she is when she is asleep. I have never seen this level of cuteness before. I walk over and pull the covers up on her and push her hair out of her face. Leaning down, I plant a gentle kiss on her forehead and go to start breakfast. Today is JJ's first day back in the field, I want it to be special. She has been working from Quantico since she got out of the hospital. However, if we have a case, she will come with us.
I begin to make some eggs as I feel arms wrap around my waist and a small head lay on my back. I turn around and smile down at JJ. She's still half asleep and extremely cuddly. JJ hugs me and lays her head on my chest. I hold her and turn the burner off, swaying her slowly in my arms. This is it, this is the life: waking up, starting breakfast for me and a beautiful woman, then cuddling and dancing with her before we have to go to work. I wonder what she's thinking right now? Is she glad that I am doing this or is she using me as a surrogate?

SSA Jennifer Jareau's POV

I could never admit what I feel towards Spence to anyone, nor could I admit my feelings for Hotch either. As I sway in Spence's arms, I feel safe and calm. I let him move us, giving him total control. I know about the forehead kisses when I sleep, I know about everything. He's so sweet and thoughtful, he doesn't have to admit his feelings for me to know. And that is the beauty of this friendship. Friendship is a term I use very loosely when referring to whatever connection Spence and I have. I feel him shift one of his hands down to my lower waist and the hand gently pushed my chin up to look at him. He is so handsome and kind. He has all the qualities Hotch does not. He's gentle, thoughtful, a great listener, etc. It's not that Hotch is a jerk, it's that he's not soft like Spence.
Spence gently rubs his thumb across my cheek and I lock eyes with him. I gently wrap my arms around his neck as he leans down and brushes my lips sweetly. He was nervous, I could tell by how he hesitated to lean back in for a longer, slower kiss. Butterflies flutter in my stomach as I continue to kiss him and he pulls me closer. Every fear about going back to the field, every feeling about Hotch, and every care in the world is gone as I kiss Spencer Reid.

Unit Chief SSA Aaron Hotchner's POV

I slept in the office last night. I couldn't go home, I couldn't spend another night alone and without JJ. Though they tried to hide it, I knew JJ and Reid were spending a lot of time together. Even sleeping at each other's apartments. Did she truly feel nothing towards me? I felt it, did she not? What does Reid have that I don't have? I'm not a genius but I have a good education, I'm not an idiot. Is it that I can come across as harsh? I'm not soft like Reid, I can't be. I have to protect this team, protect my JJ. I catch serial killers for a living, how can I be soft when I've spent my whole adult life trying to understand and catch these people. As the rest of the team starts to come in, I catch Reid and JJ walking in together. She is beaming in happiness, carrying in coffees for everyone. She is always so thoughtful like that. I walk down and grab a coffee, smiling for the first time this morning. JJ did that, JJ makes me smile when no one else can. I gently place my hand on her back and feel as shivers run down her spine. So she feels it too? I let go slowly, trying to see if Reid caught on. He seems oblivious, talking to Morgan about something. I look down at JJ, lean in a little, and whisper,
"Meet me in my office in 30, we need to talk." My voice low and deep.
She nods gently and gives me a deer in headlights type look. Not that she is scared of me, but her mind is now open to the idea of me. I smile again and walk up to my office, closing the door and blinds behind me. This is it, this is when I get Jennifer Jareau

SSA Jennifer Jareau's POV

Did that just happen? I just had my first, amazing kiss with Spence and I turn around and let my boss send a shiver down my spine? And in front of Spence too? I sigh and make my way to my desk, spacing out as soon as I sit down. Spence is a great kisser to have little to no experience. He holds my cheek and secures my waist and hip with his other hand. He sure has a way, I can assure that. But moving forward, what does Hotch need? Why the secrecy, our work has never been private before? Is this even about work or is this personal? I snap back into reality, as to not concern everyone. Thirty minutes pass and I make my way up to Agent Hotchner's office, knocking gently. What is this about?

—————————————
Hey everyone!! I'm so sorry for disappearing, I moved into College and started my sophomore year!! Now that I have a bit of a routine, I plan on posting more!! Thanks for the love and support!!