Chapter 3

*Trigger Warning: Kidnapping, Torture, Knives, Guns*

SSA Dr. Spencer Reid's POV

I have to talk to her, I have to see her. I can't get her voice out of my head, her hair, her smile. She is all I can see, hear, and think about. JJ is in my books, my case files, even my coffee. I arrive at her door and knock.
"JJ, it's Spence. Look, I need to talk to you." I said, followed by silence, "JJ, please open u-" I am cut off by noticing that there are no lights on inside.
I run down the steps and go to the front desk, asking the young lady if the woman in 207 had checked in yet. She shakes her head no and I nod, running as fast as I can to get Hotch. I bang as hard as I can on his door.
"Hotch!! It's Reid!! JJ never checked in!! Hotch!!" I yell, slamming my hand on his door.
"Reid!!" He yells through the door, then opening it, "what do you mean she never checked in?" He asked, anger building up inside of him.
I explain that I went to her room and checked at the front desk, she hadn't even checked in. Hotch phoned the department to find out she left 2 or more hours ago.
"Go wake the team, JJ is officially missing." Hotch says in a tone I have never heard in him. It's a strange mixture of anger, sadness, and worry.
I wake everyone as Hotch calls Garcia to track JJ's phone. Everyone scrambles to comb the streets, hoping to find something. As Morgan and I trace her steps, we find her phone, go bag, and a cup of coffee dropped in the middle of the sidewalk, all of which belong to JJ. I sigh and put my hands on my head in disbelief. It's our job to protect her and we didn't, I didn't.
"I should have stayed with her." I croaked, guilt rising inside of me.
"Hey, you cannot blame yourself, kid. All of us should have waited. She's strong, she'll be okay." Morgan says, grabbing my shoulder as we walk back to the station.

Unit Chief SSA Aaron Hotchner's POV

I use every resource available to us to try and track JJ, using camera to try to see what happened and where they took her. Garcia finally finds the camera on the other side of the street and I watch as he injects her with something. She begins to fall as he scoops her up and carries her into a van, driven by a woman, and then leaves. Garcia gets a plate number and we see the van is registered to a Richard Soto, who's daughter is Anna Soto. We quickly find out she was left at the altar and her ex married a blonde woman, looking very similar to our previous victims. An address is sent to us and we rush off. What is my JJ experiencing? She's too new to be in this situation, I never should have left her. The thought of them putting a finger on her sends shivers down my spine. That is my girl, it is my job to protect her. We arrive to find the van parked outside and we all split up to infiltrate the house.

SSA Jennifer Jareau's POV: 30 minutes earlier

          When I wake up, I feel my hands tied above my head, burning from the rope. How long have I been here? My eyes blink open and I take a good luck, that's when it hits me. I've been kidnapped and I am in a secondary location. A basement maybe, something underground. I feel pain running down by back and I scream out.
         "So a pretty blonde fed can't take some pain?" I hear a man's voice say as he pulls my hair roughly.
          I see a man with dark hair and dark eyes as my shirt falls to the ground.
         "I had to cut off your shirt, sorry if I cut you." He said facetiously, knowing good and well he cut all the way down my back, "sorry to be so impolite, my name is Chase Kendal and this is Anna Soto. Not such a pleasure to meet you." He said and kicked me in the ribs.
          I cough and wince, praying they would find me soon. I am tough, I am strong, and they have to find me. He kicks again and then grabs my face to look at him, an inch away from his knife.
         "This works on a strike system. Three strikes, you're dead. And there's 20 questions to answer. No lying, no cheating, and no one has ever won." He says and wraps his hands around my waist to where he is hugging me almost.
         "Question one: how do you please a man and a woman like us." Anna says and grabs the waist band of my pants.
         "I live a miserable life and never find love." I said and groan as his thumb digs into my cut.
         "Correct, JJ. Question two: are you pretty?" Chase asks and his hands slide down to my hips.
         "By societal standards, yes. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so that's up to you." I say, just praying that I profiled this correctly.
         "That's technically not the answer, so you get a strike" Anna said and ran another cut down my back.
          I scream out in pain and tears appear in my eyes. This isn't how they had done it before, the strikes had never been on the vic's back. Is this because I'm a fed? I hold my eyes open and try not to pass out from the pain.
         "You only have one strike left... ohh, I guess I forgot to tell you that you already received one strike. Oops, my bad." He said with a smirk, "next question: why do you think someone will rescue you from us?" Chase asked in full seriousness
         "Because she is a federal agent." I hear a familiar voice say, "Chase Kendal and Anna Soto, FBI, drop the knives." Hotch says, rumbling it out, anger apparent in his voice
         The blade slashes across my stomach and I scream out in pain as the gun fire rings out.

Unit Chief SSA Aaron Hotchner's POV

         I run over and grab JJ, getting her hands out of the rope. Morgan arrests Anna Soto and Reid helps me get her down. Her shirt was cut off so she was standing there, hands tied above her head in her bra. What should have been sexy was my horror. We finally untie her and she falls into my arms, hugging me. I support her by putting her weight on my shoulder and holding her legs. I didn't want to touch her back or stomach, all it would do is hurt her. Spencer holds her hand as I carry her to the medics. I can feel her loose consciousness about halfway to the EMT, causing me to pick up the pace. I hand her to the paramedics and hop into the ambulance, placing Dave in charge. I hold JJ's hand as they treat the wounds, prepping for sutures, glue, or something to push the skin back together. How could I let this happen? How would she love me now that I've messed up? What did she experience, what did they do to Jennifer Jareau?