Chapter 1

Isadora's POV

"Where is she?" I said pacing the room back and forth.

"Dora, chill out. She'll be here," Lucas said rolling his eyes.

"I will not 'chill out' I think this girl is important!"

"God, Issy. You always say that! 'This one is special, no wait, this one is special! Wait, change my mind it is this one!'" He said trying to imitate my voice, he ran a hand through his dirty blonde hair.

"Shut up," I said with narrowed eyes. I stopped pacing and through my hands flat in the air as if I had them pressed against the wall and drew them apart. Wherever my hands had been a moment before was now a picture of New York city and black haired brown eyed girl walking down the sidewalk. She was wearing dark skinny jeans and a blue t-shirt with sneakers.

Lucas looked up at the video in the air. "Is that her?"

"This is Skyler Raine," I said impatiently.

"She's kinda hot," he added with acknowledgment. The video stopped and melted away. I flicked my hand and Lucas fell backward on to the couch like an invisible man had knocked him down.

"Like she would ever fall for someone like you." I said. "Could you please pull yourself together Luke? She will arrive soon."

Skyler's POV

"Can you just- you know, I kinda need to get up there. Could you please . . . I don't know MOVE!" I yelled.

"Why should I move, gorgeous?" The man outside the door said.

I let out a breath of air and put on the only smile I could muster and said through my teeth: "Look, dude. I have to get into that room, Lady Isadora has strict orders that I meet her. At this exact location, at this exact hotel, at this exact room. Now if you don't move, I swear to God I will-"

The door behind the muscular man swung open revealing a beautiful woman about twenty years old in a flowing white dress. Her curly-golden hair lay in perfect ringlets down to her waist. " Dustin, please. I hope you are not giving Miss Skyler any trouble." She said. Though the words were in a threatning tone they sounded musical and so pretty and sweet. Dustin went white and stepped to the side. The woman turned to me and extended her delicate perfectly manicured hand in my direction. "Hello, I am Lady Isadora."

I opened my eyes wide. "Hi, I'm -uh, er- I'm-" I stuttered still shocked at her appearence. I expected her to be some scary old lady.

"Skyler Raine. Yes, I know. Please enter." She turned and started walking back in the room. I shouldered my back- pack and followed but caught a glance at Dustin.

He winked at me. "Call me."

I smirked and flipped him the bird. Then continued to follow the Lady inside. Once we were fully in the room I pointed a finger at the door and it slammed shut in Dustin's face. She turned to me with a knowing grin. "I have to say, you are not what  I expected."

"Umm . . . is that a good or bad thing?" I asked tugging on my black hair.

"We will see." She said and turned around. "Follow me."

"Ok?" She walked from the front room into another room, it looked like the living room. And there on the sofa sat the most gorgeous boy I have ever seen in my LIFE.

Isadora turned to me. "This is my brother, Lucas. Lucas meet Skyler."

I gave him a smile and he returned it with one that sent me gasping for air. Look away, Look away, before you pass out, I told myself. I turned back to Isadora. "Alrighty, so if we are done with introductions, not trying to be rude or anything, but I would like to know why I'm here cause' I cancelled a hobo day with my friend Kasey for this."

They both looked at me like I'm crazy. And said together, "Hobo day?"

"Yeah, we go into the park and scout for hobo's. Then we give them some money to go scare people." I shrugged my shoulders. Me and Kasey did this every other Saturday.

"That's really screwed up," Lucas said. "But pretty funny!"

I smiled. "I know right!"

"You should like-"

"OK, enough with the hobos. We have to talk about something really important," Isadora said cutting Lucas off. She looked me dead in the eye and her eye color seemed to change from a hazel color to a dark brown. "You are a direct decendant of the ancient Queen of Geldroid-"

"As in. . . the creator of magic?" I asked shocked.

She nodded and continued. "We believe that part of her wisdom lives inside you, dormant, so she is hidden away. But we believe with the proper training from the proper Goddess of power-"

"As in . . . you?" I asked again.

"Yes, so I think that it would be a good idea for you to be my apprentice."

"An apprentice? Like you teach me stuff and I learn stuff?"

"Correct."

"Ok, I'm not real good with learning. I don't like to learn."

"Well, that stinks. Because my will is law."

"What does that mean?"

"What I say . . . goes."

I dropped my mouth open. "I didn't want powers in the first place! This isn't fair, don't I get a say? Who cares if I learn stuff at all?! Why does it matter?"

Isadora's face became an experession of misery and pain and anger. She lifted her hand and slapped me across the face. Hard. "How dare you talk to me as such?! What an outrage, I will teach you a lesson!" She raised her hand to slap me again but Lucas quickly hopped up from the couch and stood between Isadora and I and grabbed her raised hand.

"Dora, please. What did you expect? This is the twenty-first century, all teenagers are rude. Get used to it." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. He dropped her hand and turned to me. "My sister can see into the future, she believes there will be a struggle for power or some crap so she wants to have a weapon ready, just in case."

I pointed to myself. "And I'm the weapon?"

"Not you necessarily, but the Queen. Well and yeah, you to. Your supposed to be the most powerful enchantress of the last thousand years. So yeah, you to."

"You've got to be shizzing me."

________________________________________

Hope you like it! Please comment and thanks for reading. I'll try and get chapter 2 up soon.