Ungodly

"Ah Xu!"

WKX's jerked up from his deep fretful slumber, his face already wet.

"Shishu!" A grown man beside him cried out, holding onto his arms as he tried to stand up.

"Wen Shishu, please.. You still need to rest."

"Nonsense! Ah Xu, where is he?" even in his weak state, he could easily push the man holding him away but his legs was particularly sore, so when he tried to stand up, he came back tumbling down. Still, he focused his weak energy and leapt up out of the room.

There, his hair had already turned to its white color and as he went out and asked the other pupils there, he easily got the answer he wanted.

Cheng Ling who was fast to catch up to him, held his arm to support his weak steps. "I'll bring you there, Shishu."

With Cheng Ling's help, they arrived at a cave near the ledge of the mountain in a few minutes. From afar, he could see that the entrance of the cave had been sealed with healing force. From his many years of living, WKX had imparted most of his medical knowledge to Cheng Ling and he knew he was the only person who'd be capable of such treatment.

"We can't go in there, Shishu." Cheng Ling said slowly, afraid he would aggravate his shishu's emotion further.

It was a skill taught by himself, afterall. Wouldn't he know already that he won't be able to enter. The cave acted as an energy reservoir and barrier, absorbing the Qi of nature to help ZZS recover and since the nature have weaker energy than that of an immortal such as ZZS, healing would take time and wasn't guaranteed success. Still, it was better than nothing.

Cheng Ling shifted on his feet, hesitant to ask, "Shishu, what happened to Shifu?"

WKX looked down in resignation, "It's my fault.. I wasn't there.." He noticed the wariness of the man his soulmate had taught to be immortal and decided the man deserved some explanation. "He must've drained his energy. He has been working without rest, in summer no less," the answer came with a grim chuckle. It sounded more absurd as more words came out from his parched lips. They were immortals but weak against a form of nature called fire and heat, and his stupid husband decided to be a fireman.

"Idiot.." he mumbled under his breath, not at ZZS but at himself. He should've stopped him but who could've said anything to the stubborn man.

"Shishu.." Cheng Ling was worried for both of his father figures. He recalled the moment his WKX arrived at the mountain with his shifu on his back, right before WKX himself fainted from exhaustion. He felt like it was post-heroes conference all over again.

"You can leave.." WKX watched as Cheng Ling reluctantly left his side before he flopped at the side of the entrance. ZZS wasn't far from him. From where he sat, he could see the man lying on a stone table, looking ever so peaceful. He just wished the man was merely sleeping instead. The man was no longer in his modern attire; just like WKX, they had already changed into long robes instead and in WKX's eyes, the man looked too beautiful, the surrounding wisp of Qi around him gave him an ethereal glow on his face. He wished he could reach out and touch that face of heaven.

"Ah Xu.." his throat dry, eyes prickling. "Did I tell you?" he turned to watch the cold whiteness in front of him. Words came out heavy. "Your lashes, I gave up after a hundred.. Your eyes.. they're beautiful. I just wish I looked into them more often.."

"..."

"Ah Xu.. Are you not waking up because you're mad?" He gripped the flowy skirt on his thighs, "I'm sorry, I should've picked up your call. Maybe, maybe if I picked up I could've.."