Chapter 1: Life Updates

Start from the beginning

"okay."

"it should be there in 30-45 minutes."

"okay. thank you, bye."

"bye." i hang up the phone and look at Lani.

"last time i checked, noodles in some broth was not 33 fucking dollars." her facial expression made me laugh.

"you act like i don't have the money. it's okay my love." i kiss her on the cheek and she smiles.

"you doin anything tomorrow? you've been so busy lately, i feel like i barely get to see you anymore?"

"i'm not doing anything. i took the week off so i could spend time with you, it feels like i don't even see you until night sometimes and you're usually asleep when i come back so then i just feel bad. so i took the week off so we could catch up."

"you been doing shoots and going to meetings every day for the past three weeks, we don't even have enough time with each other to work on the album."

"we haven't worked on it in like, two weeks. is it really that bad?"

"to me it is. when we're working with each other, that's one of the times i enjoy spending with you alone. we both doin our thing and having fun, that's why you're my favorite person to work with."

"awww, i didn't know me being away would effect you this much, but then again, my 7 month tour was very hard for the both of us."

"you could literally leave me for 5 minutes and i would feel this way. i just wish you weren't so busy."

"Lani, you act like you aren't busy either. if anything, you do more than me."

"you're right, but i think you've just been doing more than me lately. i'm glad you're getting more opportunities, i want that for you, but we barely see each other anymore."

"look at me..." she looked at me.

"...if that's really how you feel, how bout me and you go out for the weekend? we can do whatever you want, it doesn't matter if that's just laying in bed all day and cuddling, i just wanna be with you."

"where you wanna go?"

"we should go to Vegas."

"not when it's 111° over there, hell nah."

"we should go to New York, we can stay at the apartment."

"perfect. you wanna leave friday or saturday?"

"friday."

"ight, well New York it is."

i smile at her and she smiles back. we continued to talk until i heard a knock on the door.

"i think that's the food. i'll be right back."

i got up from the bed and walked downstairs towards the door. i opened it and grabbed the food. i handed the driver the money with a tip because why not?

i put the food down on a table in the kitchen and went back upstairs to get Lani.

"come on, babe." i walk over to her and grab her hand. we walk back downstairs into the kitchen and get our food. we sit and start eating.

"can i have some of yours?" Lani asked

"Lani..."

"please?"

"yeah, here." she opens her mouth and i feed her some noodles.

"thank you baby."

"you're welcome."