Chapter 7 - Highschool Crush

Days passed without more than a few words passed between me and Sloan. It was as if that kiss in the elevator never happened, but it did because I couldn't forget the feeling of Sloan's mouth on mine, or the feeling of his body pressed against me. All I wanted was for him to talk to me or just look me in the eye but more than anything I wanted to finish what we started in that elevator.

This week Sloan and I were working on a breast reduction. The patient was a 21-year-old girl who has suffered from back pain most of her life due to the size of her breasts, today were hoping that if we reduce the size of her breasts, it will ease the pain she now feels on her back. I rolled out of bed and performed my normal morning routine and headed out the door to my car. On the drive over to the hospital I thought of how today was probably going to go the same as it has for the past week, I turn up Sloan hands me the case and then the only time we converse is when we're in the room with the patient and answering questions for them. I pulled my car into a parking space outside the hospital and made way for the changing rooms. After I'd finished changing into my bright blue scrubs, I walked around the surgical floor in searched for Sloan because the quicker I found him the quicker I could get this day over with because recently coming here to the hospital has been the worst part of my week and considering that I practically live at the hospital. After 15 minutes of running around the floor I had decided that it was better to just wait at the desk for Sloan to find me instead. As I waited, I finished off my paperwork from yesterday signing off charts and talking to the other interns asking if they'd had any interesting cases lately. Halfway through a conversation with an intern called Sophie I heard the haunting ding of the elevator and out came the one and only Mark Sloan in all his glory. He strode towards me, his eyes surveyed my body, I could feel my skin prickle and my cheeks filled with heat as he kept his stare on me. Sloan stood in front of the desk I was sat behind and leaned his forearms onto the countertop, he leaned over the edge trying to get a look and what I was doing.

"Have you finished?" He said still looking over the edge of the counter.

"Yes. Why?" I ask trying to have some semblance of a conversation with him.

"We have a case. Come on." He replied whilst waving his hand indicating that I should follow him. I slowly got up and moved from behind the desk as I made way to follow Sloan. As I was following him, I had the odd sense that I would have followed him anywhere he told me too, the feeling made my skin crawl because how could one man hold such power over me after one kiss in the elevator. But something told me that it wasn't just the kiss it was everything else as well. After aimlessly following Sloan around the hospital for a good 5 minutes we arrived at a storage closet.

"Our case is in a storage closet?" I asked confused as to why Sloan had led me here.

"Just go inside." I didn't make a move to suggest I was even considering entering an old storage closet with no idea as to why. So, after a few beats Sloan added "Please."

"Fine" I quickly pulled open the door and slid inside to the room with only a little bit light. After I had made it inside Sloan joined me making a small room even smaller, I could just about move my feet into a new position.

"So, are you going to tell why you asked me into the tiniest room ever made or are we going to stand in silence like we've been doing for the past week." I snapped becoming sick of him not talking to me and barely acknowledging I exist still. Although now that I think about why it would have been any different, I mean sure he made that big speech about waiting for me but now that's he had me or someone of me at least what's the point in making an effort when I'm practically falling at his feet like every other girl.

"What do you think?" Sloan looked at me expectantly waiting for my answer to the question I didn't hear because I was to busy lost in my thoughts.

"Sorry, what was the question?" Slightly embarrassed Sloan sighed and put his hands to his face and then out of nowhere started to chuckle like a madman. Standing in the corner of the closet hoping that this would pass I wondered if Sloan had gone insane, the laughing last for another 2 minutes before silence came back like the old friend it was. Sloan removed his hands from his face and brought his face up to mine, his eyes locked onto my lips with a look of hunger as if he were starving and the only thing that could satisfy him was my kiss. He slowly moved his eyes away from my lips and brought them up to meet me eyes. I took a deep breath; his eyes were like a heavy weight on me. I cleared my throat about to ask what was wrong when Sloan spoke.

"I want to take you out on a date." Was all he said whilst coloured filled his face as if he'd never asked a girl out on a date before. He reminded me of a schoolboy asking out his high school crush, braced for rejection.

"Seriously?!" I say shocked "You've barely spoke to me since our kiss in the elevator and now you want to go out on a date."

"I'm sorry about the not speaking to you. I've never done this before" Emphasising the this.

"Let me give you a few pointers you don't ignore a girl after having a heavy make out session with her in an elevator. It makes the girl dislike you."

"I know. I-I'm sorry"

I just stood there shocked Mark Sloan was apologising. I hate myself for it but if it wasn't for the fact, I didn't want to seem desperate I would have said yes, the moment he asked me on a date. There was nothing I wanted more than to spend an evening being spoilt rotten by Mark Sloan. I smiled a little to myself at the idea of sitting in a romantic restaurant eating some ridiculously expensive meal that was not worth the money with Sloan sitting opposite me, I liked that idea very much.

"I'll go on a date with you. On one condition."

"You name it."

"Can we please go back to talking to each other. It's been killing me having to make polite conversation all week but never really have a conversation at the same point. "

"Of course. I'm sorry about the not talking to you, I've spent the last week trying to work up the nerve to ask you on date. You're not just another girl to me Ana and don't want to treat you like just another girl."

A smile filled my face as I said "So, what time are you picking me up?"