Chapter 6- Timing is everything

Today has officially been the worst day ever and I'm not exaggerating. I spent most of the morning down in the pit dealing with trauma after trauma, which was fine until Sloan came charging in asking why I wasn't helping him with the burn cases. I tried to explain that Meredith had told me to take the cases I was on at that time. A teenage girl had fallen off the roof of her house. He was not having it. So, after being embarrassed in front of a whole lot of hospital staff I made my way to the burn cases Sloan wanted me on. It was a drunk and disorderly, he had been drinking whilst cooking his dinner and forgot ovens get hot. The man was still very drunk by the time I got round to actually treating his 2 degree burns and the whole time he just stared at my boobs whilst trying to hit on me. And now I was filling in my patient charts from this morning trying not to scream at every person who attempted to talk to me. Most of my colleagues figured out I was in a bad mood rather quickly and decided it was best to just leave me to my paperwork. But not Sloan, oh no god forbid he gives me a moments peace. He came towards me with all his swagger showing, looking pleased with himself he bent down onto the desk at which I was working and had the biggest smirk I think I've ever seen.

"How's our patient from this morning?"

"Fine." I replied shortly

"Somebody's in a mood" He with a chuckle

"Yeah I am. So, unless you actually want something from me I have to finish filling these out."

"I want a lot of things from you" He leaned in closer to me his aftershave filling my nose "But since I can't those, I'll settle for you taking charge of this case."

I think shocked would be an understatement on how I was feeling at this moment in time. No interns take charge on cases. At least non that I've heard of.

"Are you serious?" I ask hoping he was.

"Of course. Here." Sloan handed me the patients chart. It was a five-year-old girl with third degree burns on his arms and legs. Depending on how the burns looked she may need to surgery or just some dressings.

"Thank you. But just so you know, giving me cases isn't going to make me want to sleep with you." I say

"Oh, really well I'll just take this back then" Sloan said teasingly as he reached towards me to take the chart back.

"No!" I say moving backwards keeping the chart out of reach.

Sloan's laugh was loud and deep he was obviously enjoying playing with me. I got up and went to go meet my patient.

The burns on her arms were severe and look almost as if they weren't by accident. I introduced myself and explained the plan that was going to take place to help treat the burns. The poor girl looked scared and in pain. So, I asked the nurse to up the morphine drip and went to go get the girl (Lucy) something to help her feel better. I returned to her room with a stuffed tiger I found in the peds ward. Lucy was ecstatic and her mother mouthed 'thank you'.

Lucy's operation was going to be until tomorrow. So, I spent the rest of the time completing the rest of my paperwork and refreshing myself on the treatment plan for 3rd degree burns.

I was waiting for the elevator to take me down to the entrance of the hospital, and just as the doors were closing Sloan puts his hand in between the doors to stop the elevator from going down.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. That's a Multimillion-dollar hand right there." I say sarcastically.

Sloan chuckled and then said, "It be a shame if theses hands were ruined, they can make the most beautiful sound come out of a woman." I turned with a raised eyebrow and the look of discontent on my face.

"Really? And here I thought those hands were only good for one thing." I reply.

"These hands are magic. Ask anyone." He said as if daring me to go there. To play this game with him.

"Maybe I will. Who was it this week? Susan the nurse from peds or that mousy intern what was her name? Oh yeah, Megan." I say with a smirk slowly creeping into my face.

"Actually" He said leaning towards me "I have slept with anyone this week" The smirk quickly fell away, and it was a replaced with the look of surprise. Mark Sloan hadn't slept with anyone this week. Was he ill?

"Huh" was all I said. And as I turned to look at him his face was the definition of smug. He really thinks that's going to win me over. He might be right. "So, no girls at all. Are you ill?" I ask.

Without turning to face me he said "Nope." 

"Have you already slept with all the women willing to climb into your bed?"

"No."

"Then how come you haven't slept with anyone this week?" I ask and somehow, he knew the answer I wanted to hear but he wasn't going to give it up that easily, or was he?

"I'm waiting for someone." Was his reply.

"Oh Yeah."

"Yes, but she's a bit stubborn and kind of full of herself." He said now his body move in front of mine blocking the exit from the elevator.

"Really?"

"Mmmm..Yeah and she thinks she doesn't like me but I can tell she does but the way she blushes the minute I get close."

"Well, she sounds like she's going to be hard to convince." I say knowing full well who he means.

I can't believe he noticed the blushing, feeling embarrassed my cheeks started to fill with red. Now was really not a good time for that to happen. Sloan noticed right away and smiled as if he knew he already won. That if in the next few seconds my floor doesn't arrive there would be nothing stopping me from kissing him. Because as much as I hate to admit it, I like Mark Sloan and I want to be the girl in his bed. Not some random nurse or any other intern. I want it to be me and that scares me more than anything else. Whilst being lost in my thoughts Sloan had moved closer, I could feel his muscles against my body. His arms came around to my waist and stayed there holding me in place. He leaned down and slowly put his lips close to mine and then he stopped an inch away from my rose-coloured lips. I leaned up and wrapped my hands around his neck and as if that was all the permission, he needed he crashed his lips against mine. Sloan leaned down and led with his tongue. I moaned while he licked his way into my mouth and then we were kissing deep, his hands threading into my hair and cradling the back of my head. My hands gripping on to his shoulders pulling him closer with every kiss.

Ding!

Before either of us knew it we had arrived at my floor. Sloan's mouth left mine as he made to leave. The only thing I knew at this moment in time was how much I hated this elevator.