"Mhm, Mommy sang it every night before I went to bed."

"Now I wanna try memorizing it... I hope she can teach me how to sing the lullaby too!"

Megumi was stupefied by your exclamation. He resulted to silence, hanging his head low. "Mommy can't teach you, Sensei."

"Ehh, why? I want to learn it too so I can sing together with you.."

"...Mommy is not here anymore."

You nearly let out a loud gasp but managed to get ahold of yourself. Studying the boy, you took notice of the saddened expression on Megumi's feature.

"Mommy can't be with us. Because she has to go somewhere far away. She has to live at the sky where kind people go. But Daddy always tell me she never forget about us. She is watching Daddy and me from up there...always."

Megumi lifted up his head while pointed to the ceiling, indicating he wanted to show the sky to you. You remained quiet, comprehending the hidden meaning behind his exclamation.

You were aware of the truth of the painful truth behind those words.

"No doubt she is watching you from up there. You are her son after all. Her only beloved baby boy. But you know, she is not only watching you. She is actually here by your side."

"But... I can't see her. And Daddy said the sky is her new home..."

"You are right. The sky is her new home. A very happy and peaceful home for kind , good people like your Mommy. But sometimes, she comes down to check on you and your Daddy! You don't have to be able to see her to know she is here. You can feel her presence."

You tried to explain it in the easiest way possible. You didn't want to cause a perplexity with Megumi. That child was too young to discern the real meaning of life and death. No wonder Toji said all of those things. In order for the little one to understand.

"Feel...her presence.."

"True , true. Her presence has never left you. Because...you love her and she loves you. The strong love you both share have never faded away."

"...so Mommy is here right now?"

"Of course, sweetie. She is in here.."

You prodded his chest region , causing Megumi to dart his eyes to your finger. "My chest?" He asked when he looked up to you back.

"Your heart, Megumi-kun. Your heart. She remains in here to remind you how much she loves you and it will stay that way forever."

"My heart..."

Megumi gently clamped his palms on his chest, feeling warmth embracing his body. He could feel it, the warmth of his mother that he missed everyday.

"...I think Mommy is here."

"What make you think so?"

"Because my heart feel so warm. Like the time Mommy hugged me."

"See? I told you! You just need to remember she is always in your heart and surprise! She will come to hug you!"

You joyfully exclaimed and gifted a huge grin for Megumi. He nodded his head in agreement, cheered up by your words. He looked around the house as if he was searching for something.

"I can't see her but she is here, right?"

"Absolutely ! Trust me, your Mommy is in your house right now. She is probably smiling , feeling happy to see you doing fine."

Megumi nodded again, agreeing with your idea. You sighed in relief. You were glad he could accept your way of thinking.

You weren't bluffing when you said all of those stuffs. In fact, you believed in this principle. Since they were the words of your late mother.