⋇⋆ 003

"I swear, if I catch youMrBurglar, I'm destroyingyour nuts

MrBurglar, I'm destroying
your nuts."

After school,Around 2

After school,
Around 2.45 p.m.,
At the kindergarten...

Your POV

I glanced at the clock for God knew how many times today. It was already 2.45 p.m.. The class session ended 45 minutes ago and majority of the students had returned home with their parents.

Almost all of them except one.

My (e/c) irises then darted to a certain jet black-haired boy reading a story book alone at the reading corner. Megumi-kun was the only one who was still here. His father hadn't come to pick him up.

Oh , dear. It is nearly an hour! Is Fushiguro-san occupied with work?

If so, then he should have informed us -- the teachers -- firsthand!

We can't be certain if he is either occupied or straightout forget to pick up his son.

Believe me or not, there are parents like that. I'm not making up stories.

I was cleaning and tidying up the communal area the entire time so I couldn't give constant attention to Megumi-kun. I wanted to make sure he didn't feel lonely, since all of his friends were not here anymore.

Giving the very last touch on my work, I dusted my palms together in satisfaction. With the work being done now, I scurried over to the reading corner, where the quiet kid sat. He remained silently reading the storybook.

"Megumi-kun~"

"(Y/n)-sensei.."

I was expecting him to be quite engaged in reading the book that he didn't hear my voice. Surprisingly, Megumi-kun responded to me clearly.

I did feel like Megumi-kun has been eyeing me while I was tidying up earlier...

...don't tell me he has been waiting for me the entire time?!