IX. All The Way Home

Tonight was the night

     Tonight was the night. The night you had been looking forward to since he left. Your man , DeVanté had been gone on the road for nearly almost six months. Six months of not smelling his scent, six months of not seeing his beautiful face, six months of him not bending you over and giving you the time of your life.. that was only half of what you missed.

Phone calls weren't enough for you, although his dark seductive voice always seemed to put you at peace. DeVanté had an amazing aura that you always desired to be around.

To say you missed him was definitely an understatement.

Being on tour was something you weren't quite used to. This would also be his very first time off on tour. However, you were very happy for him and supporting him the entire time. It made you happy to know his hard work was finally paying off. He had been dreaming of this since the two of you were in high school.

The both of you had never really spent this much time apart. You guys were like peanut butter and jelly. There was no Y/N without DeVanté and no DeVanté without Y/N.

Walking around the penthouse you two shared, you decided to light some candles to set the mood. You also had the lights lit dimly. You were more than ready to see your man. It was true, you hadn't had any sex since the night before he left for tour.

For someone who had sex nearly three times a week, you were definitely ready to see your man. using your imagination and phone sex definitely didn't hit like the actual real thing. Especially sex with DeVanté.

He was.. spontaneous. His sex always left you weak in the knees and wanting more. He never failed to give you what you craved for.

You also had already prepared a meal for him. You decided to cook his favorite.. soul food. The meal consisted of fried chicken, collard greens, Mac and cheese and you couldn't forget his ultimate favorite.. jiffy cornbread. If he didn't like anything , he loved a good meal. You felt as if that was one of many reasons why he was with you. You could cook your ass off.

After cooking dinner, you took a look at the clock noticing it was getting a tad bit late and that made you smile. DeVanté would be home soon. However, you needed to freshen up for him so you decided to go ahead and shower. In hopes when you got out, he would be home.

sadly,  there was still no DeVanté once you got out the shower. The time on the clock read 11:11 p.m. when you had last spoke to him, you were under the impression that he would be home before 10:00. You were honestly starting to get a little worried.

Hearing your house phone ring, you went to answer.

"hello?" You answered only to hear his sigh.