32

"It's nice to see you like this,"

I frowned wondering where he was going with it. Was that a good or a bad thing? Should I be mad or what?

Sensing the slight confusion plaguing me, he chuckled softly as he ruffled my hair and continued.

"Just, you know, relaxed. Without the constant scowl on your face."

I balked. Frown!? "Shut up, I do not have a scowl on my face."

"Well, not anymore, at least." he laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "Ha, ha, very funny dumbass."

Again, he chuckled, his voice becoming soft as he continued. "More seriously, though, there was a time when I wondered, you know? If you'd ever come back. I thought... haaa, well, I thought we'd lost you for good."

Snorting, I turned to give the idiot another look. This time though, I made sure to allow the mirth I was feeling to come through. "Hey, speak for yourself, man, there was a time when I wondered if you'd ever come back. Six months in a coma? Does that even ring a bell to you?"

Nico smiled, his green eyes flooding with warmth as they considered me.

You'd think we'd gone an eternity without seeing each other...

I guess to some people though, six months is a long time.

But then again, I wasn't one to talk.

When he'd been under, every day felt like an eternity of wondering when he'd come to. That he'd simply been sleeping for all that time... it was still hard to even believe.

And all because of me.

Haaa.

I'd never doubted that he'd come back but, well, it did get a bit hard not to worry when everyone around me was basically already thinking the worst.

So, to say I was over the moon with joy when I stumbled into his room for my daily visit and found him sitting up, his back to me as he gazed out of the massive french door windows- oh, man, it wasn't even close to describing what I felt.

It literally took every single bit of willpower I possessed to keep from jumping him, I was just so fucking excited!

And while I didn't do that, the first thing I did when he finally turned to look at me was flip him off.

I know, I know. Lame. Insensitive. Childish, even? Who gives a shit- it was my way of telling him, welcome back.

And over the next couple of weeks that followed, I made up my mind to stay faithfully by his side.

Call it loyalty, pity, obligation- whatever you want, I just did it because I wanted to.

I kept freaking out all the time during those first few days after his discharge that it got to the point where I just couldn't take it anymore! I just couldn't stand any more sleepless nights wondering if he'd fallen down and knocked himself unconscious.

So, drastic measures were taken.

I would be moving in temporarily with Nico.

And it's not like I had an end date in mind when I started packing my bags soon after the decision had been made.

It's not like I took into consideration the implications of my actions- rooming with Nico knowing fully well how he felt...

I just did it because if I didn't do something, I was going to lose my fucking mind.