𝑣. a funny story

Start from the beginning

After three minutes of running back to camp, the two locked themselves in the first cabin that was open and near them, which was the Science and Nature one.

"Did you see the look on her face?" Ziggy laughed as she walked through the cages of animals that surrounded them. "Oh, Will! This is so cute!" Luna mocked Sheila's voice and Ziggy laughed along.

After a few more seconds of enjoying how pathetic Sheila probably looms now, they started talking and catching up on each other's lives. "Isn't it better if we just ask questions to each other?" Ziggy suggested. "Yeah, maybe," Luna agreed.

Ziggy wanted to ask her about what they were talking about before Sheila entered the bathroom, but maybe she should wait a little bit. What if it was the lamest excuse? What if it was her biggest secret?

"Okay, the first question," Luna started, looking at each of the animals that were near her. "Have you ever fallen in love?" she asked but immediately regretted it, so she laughed it off. "I thought these were easy questions," Ziggy laughed along with her. "Yeah, well, you know me. Now, answer!" Luna joked but was serious at the same time.

She thought about an answer for a while. "This long pause is answering the question, Z," Luna teased about her taking too long to answer the question. "That means nothing. I'm just not sure if it was love," Ziggy said, turning around to a snake cage. "God, I hate snakes," she said under her breath.

"My turn," she added quickly. "What was the actual reason you stopped being my friend?" Ziggy asked, and Luna sighed before she could even finish the sentence.

"Well, as I said, it's a funny story," she looked down. Luna always looks down whenever she's nervous or embarrassed, and around Ziggy, it's been happening a lot lately. "I could use a laugh right now. Tell me," Ziggy walked closer to her.

Luna took a deep breath. She didn't want to mess things up now that they were good again. She didn't want to scare Ziggy away just by telling her the truth.

"First, promise me that no matter what I say right now, you're still gonna look at me the same way," Luna grabbed her hand with Ziggy and she squeezed it hard.

"Well, you didn't kill anyone, did you?" Ziggy joked and Luna laughed about it. "No," she denied with a soft smile.

"Okay, so..." Luna started. "I think I might've had a crush... on... you..." she said and Ziggy's eyes widened. "And I know it was lame and stupid, but I thought that if I ignored you and all that shit, I'd get over it. And I thought it was a good idea because I was moving to Sunnyvale, which would distance me more from you," she added, almost in one breath.

"And did it work?" Ziggy asked and Luna's eyes widened in confusion.

"What?" she asked. "I mean did that crush... you know, disappear?" Ziggy repeated her question. Luna knew that it was far from gone. "It just grew with time," she replied in a low voice, almost for Ziggy not to hear, but she did. "It did?" she slightly smirked.

Ziggy moved closer to her, but Luna turned away and walked back. "Can we go back to the easy questions?" she chuckled, scratching the back of her neck. Ziggy sighed, disappointed in her reaction. "Of course,"

"If you hadn't moved to Sunnyvale, would you have done anything about this crush of yours?" Ziggy asked, walking in front of her and getting as close to her face as she could without touching her.

Luna swallowed the saliva that accumulated in her mouth when she gets nervous or intimidated and smirked. "Something like what?" she asked, one of her hands landing on Ziggy's hip.

Ziggy's left hand reached for Luna's free hand and placed it on the other side of her hip. Her right hand reached for Luna's cheek. "Something like this," she said. Before Luna could ask what, Ziggy pressed her lips onto hers, making butterflies fly around in both of the girl's stomachs.

"You have to get out of... here..." Nick Goode opened the door of the Science and Nature cabin aggressively to find the two girls kissing. The two of them pulled away from each other and stared at Nick. "Why? What happened" They both asked a different question to him since he looked like he had just seen a ghost.

"Someone killed Jeremy," he said, panting from running all the way from the Arts and Crafts cabin to the one they were in now. "WHAT?" they both yelled in unison as they followed Nick.

author's note

hello everyone :D how are we
feeling about this chapter 😁
i hope y'all liked it <3

also, it has come to my attention
that a lot of people are reading
and not interacting at all, so
i'd really appreciate some votes
or comments, maybe even a follow?
it's ok if you don't want to, but
they're always appreciated :)

also, it has come to my attentionthat a lot of people are reading and not interacting at all, so i'd really appreciate some votes or comments, maybe even a follow?it's ok if you don't want to, but they're always appreciated :)