I see. She also hates me.

I sat on the usual chair and looked into nothing. Just the usual trees and mountains.

I remember, when he took me into this forest for meeting his so called pets.

Roary and Rykar, right? Such a twisted man for having  a lion and tiger as his pets.

Twisted?  Yeah ofcourse. So twisted, that I know him but still it seems like I don't.  But still being with him is a blessing .

He would probably someday kill me. But I am glad, that at least I get to meet him, which I never thought would happen , being with Derek.

Right. He will  kill Derek also. Nonetheless, he deserves it. He deserves something worse than death. For what he did to my mom , Aldric's parents and me.

The only one to blame from my fucked up life is him. I would be even more glad, if he gets hell after death.

"Ava, you are up.", she said. I turned around and glanced at her. It was granny. I gave her a little smile.

"Come have your food", she said and I went near her. She sometimes, remind me of my mom.

She is so sweet and adorable. Though we didn't ever had a proper conversation,  but she was really caring.

The only one who cared for me, after my mom left .

I ate everything that was on plate, not wanting an angered AJ coming and forcing me another dose of those sickening powder.

"Wow, you finished everything today. That's good", she said smiling.

I also smiled at her. Only if she knew what would have happened, if I didn't eat it.

After she went , I took out my notepad , writing some lines , which were flooding my mind. I really like converting my feelings into some lyrics. Not sure, if it was good or not. But I liked doing that.

Howling moon
It has been so while
In the silence
And if you believe
In my little world
Tomorrow will
Have a wonder
Don't know where to go

Tell me for sure
That you won't leave me here alone
I need to know
You will, I believe
When I do need someone to hold
You'll be here

Little voice I hear, yeah maybe
Maybe no, who's to say?
Slowly drowning in after wave
After wave, who to say?

Then I cross a bridge for
Over million reasons to hold on
Hide away with me
Walk away with me
Then we cross a bridge for
Over million troubles to meet
Nothing is easy
Nothing is easy

Oh how well you see?
How will you try, how?
However I mean to you now.

(Glass Bridge by Savina and Drone)

Aldric

Since morning I am struck in my office, going through papers. Some damn sick italian mafia family dared to steal my goods. These guys are so done.

A phone call distracted me. It was my consigliere.

"Yes Vincenzo , did you get the goods?"

"Yes boss, we stopped there ship which was smuggling the goods and retracted it. We then bombarded the ship. Not a single one of them was left alive ."

"Good and warn those sick italians , not to pull off such an act again, if they don't want their whole mafia family to fall".

"Okay boss."

"And are you pulling off the role of consigliere and temporary underboss properly in my absence.?"

"Yes boss"

"Good and what happened today, must not happen again . Or else you know the consequences better than me."

"Yes boss, I know and I assure you that it won't happen again".

"Good".

And with that I cutted the phone call and again started going through the papers.

I haven't visited her today. I should have a look what is she doing.

There she was sitting on the couch, reading a book. Reading book? Well that's new. Might have got bored as she has nothing to do .

She yawned and kept the book aside. She laid on the couch, curling herself into a ball. A smile covered my face .

"She is cute", I said.

No! What am I saying? I am insane. For god's sake Aldric , she is your retribution and you hate her.

I switched off my monitor and turned towards the files. Hell with it.

Lets have a blow of cigar. That is much better.

I took out a cigar from my drawer and went towards the couch and lighted it.

But just when I was going to take the first blow, a knock was heard.

I groaned in frustration.

"Come in", I said irritated.

"This better be something good Robert", I said to the man entering my office.

"Sir, it is from our investigator, who is investigating the Miller Family", he said.

I glanced at the cigar in my hand and crushed it on the ashtray.

"My lips will kiss you later baby", I said looking at the crushed cigar on the ashtray.

I focused all my attention to my assistant, crossing my legs.

"Sir, you know that Lucy Miller is dead. Well sir, it was suicide.", he said.

I raised my eyebrow. Well, it's something new.

"And sir what's surprising is that , the day of her death is same as yo-ur pare-nt's." he said nervously.

I frowned . Nonetheless, I signalled him to proceed.

"Well what's even more surprising is that, on the same night only , Ava Miller was admitted to the ER of New York City Hospital", he said.

"What?", i said shocked.

Well, that's a lot to take in. I was shocked and surprised.

"Yes sir, we don't know what the reason was, for her getting admitted, as the file was accidently deleted by the hospital", he said.

"Okay. Anything else?", I asked .

"No sir", he said.

"You may leave ", I said and he went out.

Why ? How? What happened that day for her to end in ER and her mother's suicide. Am I missing something? This isn't as simple as it looks like. Or is it?

***